• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

3DM Lifestyle: $150 Leather Shoes (A Cheaper Meermin?)

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This brand popped up in my Instagram feed. The price point is great and the styles and lasts look reasonably stylish. Anyone have any experience with them. For transperancy, the company did NOT contact me or ask me to post about this. I'm just curious about other's experience before I take a dive.

https://3dmlifestyle.com/collections/all

The shoes are Blake stitched, made in India with flat $10 shipping to the US. This company seems like a slightly cheaper version of Meermin. I want all the shoes below. The boots look killer.

IMG_2621.jpg
IMG_2622.jpg
IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_2624.jpg
IMG_2625.jpg
IMG_2626.jpg

Mr Tewkesbury

Reaction score
At that price point you can't go wrong, if they last a year or two your not out a fortune. Buy and try.
The jumper and wingtip boots do look good.

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
I got a pair of the Chelsea boots. The heel was all jacked up. Too low for the main sole. They offered to fix but I had to ship them back to India at $40+

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of the Chelsea boots. The heel was all jacked up. Too low for the main sole. They offered to fix but I had to ship them back to India at $40+
Wow. That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Obviously a deal breaker. Any pics? How were the boots other than that? Did they acknowledge that the shoes were defective, but refused to pay for return shipping.

Last edited:

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
They offered to pay a flat rate for shipping. Something like $20. I gave up and took them to my local guy. He added to the heel to level them out but now they look like logging boots. The burnishing is sub par. Leather quality good. Considering trying again which is why I subscribed to this thread.

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They offered to pay a flat rate for shipping. Something like $20. I gave up and took them to my local guy. He added to the heel to level them out but now they look like logging boots. The burnishing is sub par. Leather quality good. Considering trying again which is why I subscribed to this thread.

View attachment 813268

View attachment 813269

View attachment 813270
Thanks for the pics and review. If I'm seeing this correctly, it looks like you had to double the heel height. That's a huge mistake on their part.

I don't like burnishing of any kind on my shoes. I'll be steering clear of that. I was also thinking of getting a leather soled shoe. Hopefully, they won't have the same problem with the heel.

Some, but not all, of the shoes are listed as being custom made e.g. these Suede Double Monks. I emailed them and they said they can make the shoe with a different material or last upon request. They didn't mention if there is an upcharge for that. I wonder if this can be done with all of the shoes.

Thanks again for the deets.

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and review. If I'm seeing this correctly, it looks like you had to double the heel height. That's a huge mistake on their part.

I don't like burnishing of any kind on my shoes. I'll be steering clear of that. I was also thinking of getting a leather soled shoe. Hopefully, they won't have the same problem with the heel.

Some, but not all, of the shoes are listed as being custom made e.g. these Suede Double Monks. I emailed them and they said they can make the shoe with a different material or last upon request. They didn't mention if there is an upcharge for that. I wonder if this can be done with all of the shoes.

Thanks again for the deets.
3dmheelissue.jpg

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
Here is the heel before it was fixed. The boots are pretty much unwearable today given how high the heel is. Please keep me posted on what you end up doing. India has a long history of shoe making...wanting this to work out since pricing is pretty good for low wear type items.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm not a cobbler in any sense of the word, but it looks like the heel is just pitched incorrectly i.e. it's taller in the back than it is in the front. I think the entire heel should have been taken off and replaced with a more balanced one. Adding all the extra height to the heel looks unnecessary. I'll be sure to post if I get a pair.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought their Split Toe Derby in brown. Fit and comfort was perfect, one of the best I've experienced for OTR shoes at this price range. Very pleased with them so far. I'm at work as I type this, so no photos, but I'll post some soon in the Rock Your Shoes thread as well as here.

I also just bought some chukkas from them in brown. I'll update once they arrive in a couple weeks or so.

dluce76

Reaction score
IMG_20181224_193241.jpg
IMG_20181224_193252.jpg
IMG_20181224_193318.jpg
IMG_20181224_193326.jpg
I've been following this brand for awhile but never pulled the trigger until Black Friday this year, when they had 50% off each pair if you bought 3 or more pairs. Figured I needed some beat around shoes so why not buy a few types and see.

One of them w pics attached is a new model captoe brogue with a chiseled toe in tan color. I found it to be narrower than a normal size 11US in the heel, which is actually what I like (most D width shoes are great at instep but too wide at heel for me). So fit was great for me but it is a narrow last. The last shape, to me, is modern and exactly what I go for.

The burnishing was OK - I actually spent a while using Huberd's shoe oil to give it a darker patina and some age and to really hydrate the leather. I think it came out well.

As you can see from the close ups, my biggest gripe is how thin the leather is and how prone to creasing it is. It was the same across all 3 pairs I bought (a brogue wingtip boot and a tassel loafer). Understandable at this price point, and it isn't creased when it arrives, it just creased easily with any wear.

Otherwise, the construction is flawless on all 3 pairs. No QC issues like previously documented in this thread for any of the 3 pairs I received, one of which came through their Amazon store.

In all, I like the design and construction of the product a lot. I didn't like how thin the leather is and how easily it creases.

That said, they were 100% worth the price (~$80 per pair), and they have deals occasionally that make them a good buy. I would recommend them.

Last edited:

dluce76

Reaction score
Interesting - I reached out to them to inquire what other shoes they have on the last I like in the above shoe.

They replied that they can make whatever style they have on any last I want for no additional cost.

I ended up having them replicate the above shoe design and last with dark brown suede with a rubber half sole (also customized). No additional cost - $150 - and 4 weeks lead time. I'll report back with the results.

@An Acute Style
@DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
Interesting - I reached out to them to inquire what other shoes they have on the last I like in the above shoe.

They replied that they can make whatever style they have on any last I want for no additional cost.

I ended up having them replicate the above shoe design and last with dark brown suede with a rubber half sole (also customized). No additional cost - $150 - and 4 weeks lead time. I'll report back with the results.

@An Acute Style
@DFWWingnut
Please keep us posted.

shoenoobie

Reaction score
Any updates to 3DM?

dluce76

Reaction score
Any updates to 3DM?
The suede MTO are en route. Will be here Monday.

I have to say I'm impressed thus far. The creasing on the ones I posted above has mostly stopped and with a lot Hubert's shoe oil, Bick 4 and cream polish, everything is going well. I have a pair of their black wingtip brogue boots that I really like. The leather hasnt creased like the brown ones with wear.

All in all a really good value on sale.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.