• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

38R STAPLE: FULL CANVAS MINT BURBERRY Blazer, NAVY PIN STRIPE; 38r; FULL CANVAS, $105

Status
Not open for further replies.

gildedage

Reaction score
MINT CONDITION BURBERRYs BLAZER 38R
Absolutely Gorgeous; FULL CANVAS
Dark navy with pin stripe
Side vents
Awesome blue lining

The blazer is labeled "PRORSUM" but on the basis of a comment below it seems all of Burberry was labeled thus until about nine years ago. I defer since I know much less about clothing generally, and Burberry in particular, than the majority in this forum. (Thanks for the correction.)

$125.00> $115.00$105
$10 US SHIPPING; OVERSEAS BUYERS PAY ACTUAL PRICE

Bought this as NWOT. Have not worn it. Cannot find a fault. There's no evident wear. But I prefer to call it MINT since I'm the second owner and don't know for sure it's not been worn.

Classic 2 button; lower/ modern stance. Fairly tailored cut.

Measurements:

Shoulders, straight across: 18''
chest, flat at widest point: 21.5''
sleeves from shoulder seam: 24'' (~1.5'' to let down)
waist at narrowest point: 19.5''
length from bottom of collar: 29.75''

Please ask any questions before purchase.
Sales are final unless I've accidentally misrepresented something.

Thanks for looking.

Great board, btw. Thank you to the owners!

Attachments

• P1015794.JPG
    P1015794.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 148
  • P1015793.JPG
    P1015793.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 136
  • P1015795.JPG
    P1015795.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 155
  • P1015796.JPG
    P1015796.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 142
  • P1015798.jpg
    P1015798.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 154
  • P1015797.JPG
    P1015797.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 126
  • P1015799.jpg
    P1015799.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neat blazer, but I believe that is a vintage 'Burberrys' model (before it split into London, Brit, Prorsum, Sport 9 years ago and dropped the 's' from Burberry) rather than a Burberry prorsum model based on the label.

As far as I know, prorsum labels are solid black. High quality item but not sure that is prorsum. Thanks.

Last edited:

gildedage

Reaction score
Thank you.
I appreciate the correction. It sounds like you know much more about this than I do.
It does say "prorsum" on the label (in the cape). It sounds from your suggestion that all of Burberry is labeled "prorsum" before the split you mentioned?
Thanks again for adding information.
It is still a MINT, full canvas blazer, outstanding fabric. Glad to answer any questions.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, all the older models had a single Burberry's tag that says prorsum in the flag. For the more recent models, the London tag also says prorsum on the tag. Slightly confusing. The actual prorsum tag is black. I could be wrong, but the tags I've seen are all variations of this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads