• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$380,000 dog mansion

jase12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I think in india you could eat for a lot longer than a day on $1.

well they average person lives on us$2 a day

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
quality
laugh.gif

Shouldn't you be sticking up for your fellow Montrealais?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jase12
well they average person lives on us$2 a day

I thought it was less. But, we were talking about food, not shelter and medical care. A typical lower caste indian diet of lentils, rice, and some spices can work out to be extremely cheap. As a student when I was running out of money, rice, lentils, and a mix of spices was exactly what I was eating, and it was extremely cheap.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SField is working overtime to get Styleforum Rookie of the Year. I am impressed.

jase12

Reaction score
I thought it was less. But, we were talking about food, not shelter and medical care. A typical lower caste indian diet of lentils, rice, and some spices can work out to be extremely cheap. As a student when I was running out of money, rice, lentils, and a mix of spices was exactly what I was eating, and it was extremely cheap.

geez i was backing you up. most indians live in humpy shacks and medical care is a bit of rag around the bleeding parts. food costs and living expenses are one and the same for them

http://www.livemint.com/2007/10/1623...n-less-th.html

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where's Michael Vick when you need him???
peepwall[1].gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Shouldn't you be sticking up for your fellow Montrealais?
Because he always comes rushing to defend me! Anyway, fuuma can defend himself. I'm surprised he got so rattled to tell you the truth.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Woooo a gay joke! How crushingly original!

It's a ******* internet forum. Are you seriously pulling seniority on a ******* INTERNET FORUM!? Is this the equivalent of you hazing a freshman or something? Good god dude, that's just sad. It doesn't seem to be bothering anyone else, including people much more "senior" than you. Seems like you're the ugly girl in the corner, accept it and move on. Btw, you're the one who came in here and called me out. I never spoke to you before this, so technically you did come in and slap ******* out of your mothers mouth (as long as we're making puerile gay jokes, I figure mom jokes bring back a taste of the 90s so I suppose im like Marc Jacobs).

That wasn't what I was trying to convey. To be honest I'm not mad or anything, I just thought I'd answer in kind (with vulgarity). If you've read the forum you might have noticed I have nothing against my light in the loafers friends or ladies of the night.

What I was commenting on is that while a forum may entail a lesser degree of risk, hence self-preserving censorship, than real life, by virtue of being a symbolic arena (which is why you get a lot more phallic aggression on the net AKA internet tough guys, flying insults and womanizing posturing), there are still some very basic ways of carrying oneself that ensure a greater acceptance by all involved. I'd liken Styleforum to a bar with a large number of occasional customers but a core membership of regulars. When you read the forum for a few months before joining you sorta get a feel for the online personalities of these community pillars and see them trade information, (inside) jokes and the occasional verbal joust. You might start feeling like one of them but in reality you haven't yet established that identifiable personality and connection that permits you to overstep your bounds. I'd say it's more productive to being well received and, no matter the result, quite courteous if you wait until that time to go about throwing the occasional insult.

Note that the transgressive nature of coming in the saloon with your guns blazing is often interpreted by some as a quick way to gain the respect of the old timers, which is why this strategy is sometimes employed, consciously or not. I still think it's somewhat disruptive. I guess Artisan Fan can insult me and I'd think he's not being very nice but in the end I'd be fine with it but some guy coming out of nowhere should wait a little until he calls me a bloody ****.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
That wasn’t what I was trying to convey. To be honest I'm not mad or anything, I just thought I'd answer in kind (with vulgarity). If you’ve read the forum you might have noticed I have nothing against my light in the loafers friends or ladies of the night.

What I was commenting on is that while a forum may entail a lesser degree of risk, hence self-preserving censorship, than real life, by virtue of being a symbolic arena (which is why you get a lot more phallic aggression on the net AKA internet tough guys, flying insults and womanizing posturing), there are still some very basic ways of carrying oneself that ensure a greater acceptance by all involved. I’d liken Styleforum to a bar with a large number of occasional customers but a core membership of regulars. When you read the forum for a few months before joining you sorta get a feel for the online personalities of these community pillars and see them trade information, (inside) jokes and the occasional verbal joust. You might start feeling like one of them but in reality you haven’t yet established that identifiable personality and connection that permits you to overstep your bounds. I’d say it’s more productive to being well received and, no matter the result, quite courteous if you wait until that time to go about throwing the occasional insult.

Note that the transgressive nature of coming in the saloon with your guns blazing is often interpreted by some as a quick way to gain the respect of the old timers, which is why this strategy is sometimes employed, consciously or not. I still think it’s somewhat disruptive. I guess Artisan Fan can insult me and I’d think he’s not being very nice but in the end I’d be fine with it but some guy coming out of nowhere should wait a little until he calls me a bloody ****.

Dear Fuuma,

I called you a stupid hippy, the ugly girl at the party, and other stuff, but I didn't call you a ****. Not yet. For that, I will wait until I become a "personality". I don't agree with you at all, since I suppose I don't take the forum as seriously as you and certainly do not view it as some kind of magical saloon where Label King is the fat guy in the back playing poker, stroking his Saber Tooth Tiger shawl and giving everyone the eye ****, iammat the cheerful bartender, and SoCal2NYC and Connemara as the ladies of ill repute. I found this one guy's post objectionable, and I'm sorry that you found it overly offensive, or at the very least, a post that oversteps the boundaries of what someone who only joined a month ago is allowed to write.

So far no one else has complained, and barely knowing several of the members here, I have said the same things all of you say to each other, and they've happily brushed it off and sent some back at me. Unfortunately, unless there is some secret society against me, meeting in one of the stalls of the bathroom of your mystical saloon, I am aware of no one else who shares your feelings.

I will defer to your seniority and end by respectfully disagreeing with you.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can't sfield start his own thread in DT, "DO NOT THRESPASS" or something.. The way he throws around insults he's a bit like that old guy on the edge of the village that would come after you with a bb gun when you stole an apple
smile.gif

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ha SField made Fuuma cry!

Originally Posted by nootje
can't sfield start his own thread in DT, "DO NOT THRESPASS" or something.. The way he throws around insults he's a bit like that old guy on the edge of the village that would come after you with a bb gun when you stole an apple
smile.gif

God you have some weird people in the Netherlands.

Do you know T4chan?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
smile.gif

Seek help.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dear Fuuma,

I called you a stupid hippy, the ugly girl at the party, and other stuff, but I didn't call you a ****. Not yet. For that, I will wait until I become a "personality". I don't agree with you at all, since I suppose I don't take the forum as seriously as you and certainly do not view it as some kind of magical saloon where Label King is the fat guy in the back playing poker, stroking his Saber Tooth Tiger shawl and giving everyone the eye ****, iammat the cheerful bartender, and SoCal2NYC and Connemara as the ladies of ill repute. I found this one guy's post objectionable, and I'm sorry that you found it overly offensive, or at the very least, a post that oversteps the boundaries of what someone who only joined a month ago is allowed to write.

So far no one else has complained, and barely knowing several of the members here, I have said the same things all of you say to each other, and they've happily brushed it off and sent some back at me. Unfortunately, unless there is some secret society against me, meeting in one of the stalls of the bathroom of your mystical saloon, I am aware of no one else who shares your feelings.

I will defer to your seniority and end by respectfully disagreeing with you.

I like you more every day. My only point of contention is that LK isn't fat... he's prob'ly a buck-twenty, soaking wet.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads