• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

37S/38S/40S Suits and Sportcoats - Round 1 (the Cheap Stuff)

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
************ALL JACKETS SOLD PENDING PAYMENT************** I'll be putting a bunch of my suits/sportcoats from sizes 37s through 40s up in the next week. Will include Oxxford, Hickey Freeman, Paul Stuart (and maybe) Polo Blue Label and Saint Andrews. First, though, comes the cheap stuff I desperately want out of my closet - All three of these coats have seen wear, with the first two having a few fabric pulls that are noticeable only upon close inspection. Here are pics for now, with measurements up tonight. Prices are - $35 for David Hunter, $26 for Valentino and $46 for Hickey Freeman (all w/ shipping to N. America). Feel free to make offers. David Hunter wool sportcoat with leather buttons and suede elbow patches. 2button, single vent. This is an amazing coat with high armholes, sloped shoulders, nice waist suppression, open and rounded quarters, and an amazing lapel roll. It doesn't have a size tag, but is a trim 38S or standard 37S. I desparately want to keep it as a casual coat, but the waist is just too tight (and I prefer not to walk around with unbuttoned coats). There is a slight hole on the collar, but you can't see it when it's worn (it's on the collar fold and hits your neck when the jacket's on - see last picture). Photos (apologies for fuzzy shots. 4th and 5th photos are best color approximation) -
amit3.jpg
51e5774e.jpg
e52f9507.jpg
89fa07b7.jpg
44584caa.jpg
d44d3795.jpg
Valentino Uomo 100% virgin wool sportcoat in a size 40S (can easily fit a big 38s, though). This is a fully-canvassed 2button coat with nice waist suppression and dual vents. The jacket is big in the chest and shoulders for me, hence my letting it go. If you want a cheap fully-canvassed navy blazer (a wardrobe staple), grab this. There are some fabric pulls on teh sleeves, but not noticeable unless you look at it from 6 inches away. Photos (4th photo is best color approximation) -
amit2.jpg
3a7564ae.jpg
1e1125ba.jpg
282d34c6.jpg
c5e60e2c.jpg
80c0b0e6.jpg
Hickey Freeman grey wool jacket in a subtle glenplaid pattern. Boardroom model. Jacket comes with works - dual vents, working buttonholes on the sleeve and ticket pocket. It's fully-canvassed and has some gorgeous buttons. The fabric is great for year-round wear and was especially suited for the summer heat. It's fully lined and tagged a 38S (fits true to size). I'm letting the jacket go only because I rarely wear it (prefer brighter colors for the spring/ummer and thicker fabrics for the cold). Photos (3rd photo is best color approximation; the blue coming up in the 2nd shot is due to bad lighting) -
amit1.jpg
40361400.jpg
5523b93c.jpg
300bb8c0.jpg
d55e5bd7.jpg
fcbfe7ec.jpg

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Scruff,

What are the shoulder measurements for the Hunter & HF? Thanks.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measurements to come tonight. Off the top of my head, though, shoulders on Hunter are 17.5, HF is 18.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Scruff - I'll take the Hunter if it is still available. Please PM me with paypal info.

cupid112

Reaction score
Hi

Can you please provide me the measurments of the Hickey Freeman. If it fits me i will take it definately. How much is shipping to Sydeney Australia. Also out of 10, what would you rate the condition of the jacket (10 being brand new).

Thanks

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valentino sold pending payment.

Measurements for Hickey & DH -

David Hunter -
Shoulders - 17.5
Sleeves 23.75
Chest 20.5
Waist 16.5
Length (bottom of collar) 29.5

Hickey Freeman
Shoulders - 18.5
Sleeves - 23
Chest - 21
Waist - 19
Length (bottom of collar) 28.5.

And for the person who asked, the Hickey is in 10/10 condition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads