• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

36: The Thread

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
This thread does not discriminate on length and accepts all of those who are size 36. Identify yourselves so that you may support one another. Provide hints on where to buy jackets in our size, advice on alterations, etc.

Unite.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What for? so that we get laughed at and told to eat a cheesburger? Or so that everyone says: go bespoke
plain.gif

We are doomed I tells ya, doomed.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
What for? so that we get laughed at and told to eat a cheesburger? Or so that everyone says: go bespoke
plain.gif
We are doomed I tells ya, doomed.

Yes, we are doomed. It's hard to find stuff our size. As for the 'eat a cheeseburger' crowd, when they can do the **** I can do, ie: run 15 miles, hike 100 miles with a 50 pound pack in 3 days, and whatnot, then they can talk trash. Fat gravy eating bastards.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Anecdote:

Once I went to a BB outlet and asked them where the 36R stuff was. The lady told me that her husband was a 36 and picked up his stuff at the BB kids' store. She suggested that I try that out. I politely informed her that I wasn't interested in jackets that had ducks and **** embroidered on them. She told me that I might be able to find what I was looking for. I would try it out, but I question the quality of the kids' stuff... wouldn't they be much lower quality construction?

Marshdrifter

Reaction score
Ah. A thread after my own heart. I live in a smaller city so the shopping opportunities are limited anyway. The local menswear store carries nothing in my size other than basic haberdashery items, so I basically have to order any stuff that I want or wait until I can make it to a more metropolitan area.

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
I get kids sizes for shirts and stuff (cheaper, same quality), but it's hard to find really high end kids size suits.

You should order online for 36's, too hard to find in stores

thebarsmydestination

Reaction score
Oh god. Finally a thread that I can scream at. The worst part: I'm a 36" with a 15.5" (traditionally 'medium') neck, which means that 95% of shirting simply won't fit unless I buy a size larger and have it altered.

(Or shop at Epaulet, Save Khaki, and Apolis Activism. Thanks, you guys.)

The silver lining-- I probably spend a lot less money.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't want to intrude, but Rubinacci makes stuff for many small people and has made a success out if that business.

I hope that is helpful.

bandrus1

Reaction score
5 foot 11
155lbs here

36 is about as good as I get

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've recently started looking into Brooks Brothers youth size L and XL for outerwear.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
I am a 36 waist - need to eat less cheesburgers.

this has me thinking of a new thread.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Dior, Dolce and Gabana, and Paul Smith would probably be the best bet. This is because their target market is mostly on skinny people like me!!

That's right. I'm 25 year old and my suits size is only 36 with 30 pants waist.

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
I've recently started looking into Brooks Brothers youth size L and XL for outerwear.
Me too..fits great, and it's like everything is on a permanent discount

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads