1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

36 or 38 reg/long, check this out

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Renault78law, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

Hope I'm not spoiling this for anyone, but check out this auction. This guy doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing - the suit is tagged a 46 EU, but listed as a 40 US. Looks like a beautiful suit to me, and not a bad deal if it doesn't attract any more bidders.

2. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior Member

It is a nice looking suit (aside from the off color buttons, I'm not a fan of those), but the sizing is all over the place. 46 It should be a 36, the jacket measures to a 38, and the pants have a 35" waist? WTF? No offense to the guy who this suit fits without alterations [​IMG]. Dan

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

It looks rather old, as well.

koji

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

Wild speculation leads me to believe that it is old (15 years maybe?), but I don't think it looks old. Â Nice high gorge, medium button stance, fabric seems in good shape...a classic, IMO. If it were my size (a 40L as advertised), I'd buy it in a second. I'm waiting to Mr. Harris to chime in and reveal the original maker.

5. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior Member

The measurements he provides certainly don't seem to line ip at all with the sizes; these must all have been heavily altered...

6. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

Looks like a D'Avenza to me, possibly Brioni.

koji

7. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

D'Avenza I think, but would have to compare with my photo archive when I get home, to make sure...