• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

36 or 38 reg/long, check this out

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope I'm not spoiling this for anyone, but check out this auction. This guy doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing - the suit is tagged a 46 EU, but listed as a 40 US. Looks like a beautiful suit to me, and not a bad deal if it doesn't attract any more bidders.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
It is a nice looking suit (aside from the off color buttons, I'm not a fan of those), but the sizing is all over the place. 46 It should be a 36, the jacket measures to a 38, and the pants have a 35" waist? WTF? No offense to the guy who this suit fits without alterations
smile.gif
. Dan

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wild speculation leads me to believe that it is old (15 years maybe?), but I don't think it looks old. Â Nice high gorge, medium button stance, fabric seems in good shape...a classic, IMO. If it were my size (a 40L as advertised), I'd buy it in a second. I'm waiting to Mr. Harris to chime in and reveal the original maker.

misterbowles

Reaction score
The measurements he provides certainly don't seem to line ip at all with the sizes; these must all have been heavily altered...

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm waiting to Mr. Harris to chime in and reveal the original maker.

D'Avenza I think, but would have to compare with my photo archive when I get home, to make sure...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads