• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

36 or 38 reg/long, check this out

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope I'm not spoiling this for anyone, but check out this auction. This guy doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing - the suit is tagged a 46 EU, but listed as a 40 US. Looks like a beautiful suit to me, and not a bad deal if it doesn't attract any more bidders.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
It is a nice looking suit (aside from the off color buttons, I'm not a fan of those), but the sizing is all over the place. 46 It should be a 36, the jacket measures to a 38, and the pants have a 35" waist? WTF? No offense to the guy who this suit fits without alterations
. Dan

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wild speculation leads me to believe that it is old (15 years maybe?), but I don't think it looks old. Â Nice high gorge, medium button stance, fabric seems in good shape...a classic, IMO. If it were my size (a 40L as advertised), I'd buy it in a second. I'm waiting to Mr. Harris to chime in and reveal the original maker.

misterbowles

Reaction score
The measurements he provides certainly don't seem to line ip at all with the sizes; these must all have been heavily altered...

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm waiting to Mr. Harris to chime in and reveal the original maker.
D'Avenza I think, but would have to compare with my photo archive when I get home, to make sure...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.