1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

$300 for sneakers: is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imageWIS, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

well, these are $1200 at fred segal. my friend, andre trenier, hand paints them. carmelo anthony has a pair . . . .
    Pure class.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Here's a pic I posted earlier:
    [​IMG]

I'll try to take a pic of the HL's later.

btw, Brian, while searching for my posted pic, I came upon this little gem:
    http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...9&postcount=34
    How's that coming along?

Actually, still doin okay on that front. I maxed out at $90 and haven't gone above as of yet.

3. jet

jet Senior member

I paid 335 for LV sneakers many moons ago and 230 for prada americas cup in nero and I'm saying there were worth it, well the pradas yes, but yamamoto I consider to be similar to bathing ape. You're just paying for the name but there isn't much more correlation of the price vs quality as with regular adidas. However, if you like them that much and it'll make you happy then I say get them. I pay 400 a pop for gucci loafers that aren't flashy and I don't regret it one bit.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

you have prada and LV shoes and you're accusing someone of buying something for the name?

pot kettle black?

btw yes i'm back.

5. jet

jet Senior member

Reading comprehension is your friend. Go back to jail and don't pass go. FYI those are $300 adidas tennis shoes.

6. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

what sb are 300+ retail? the most ive seen them for in a skateshop is 100, for the get help dunks i think they were. most sb are around 70 where im at.

Nike does limited runs with their SB line, meaning that sometimes the shoes get extremely limited runs. Once the shoes sell out, the price of them sometimes go up 10x the orginial price. Some as the shoes, such as the city series, the Unkle dunks, and even the rarest of the rare Tinker PRods, go for upwards of $300+ after the stop production.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Reading comprehension is your friend. Go back to jail and don't pass go. FYI those are $300 adidas tennis shoes.

so what you're saying is that Prada and LV are where you should go for your bang for the buck? lol

of course when considering the Y3 you are paying for the name/look, that's patently obvious, but your comment was ridiculously hypocritical. If you're going to make a price/quality argument, please don't bring up LV or Prada.

8. jet

jet Senior member

So you're saying there's no quality associated with prada or LV right? Keep in mind they are 300 and so are the adidas. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

9. Flame

Flame Senior member

So you're saying there's no quality associated with prada or LV right?

Ditto.

10. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

See, I think this is nuts for $209. I mean really, they look like Vans.

[​IMG]

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...oduct=DASS-MZ1

Jon.

I have a pair from that line. Puma Rudolph Dassler signature line. One of my favorite shoes. Link

Used a coupon and they were a little over $100. Great fit, goes great with almost anything I wear from work to going out on the town.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

So you're saying there's no quality associated with prada or LV right? Keep in mind they are 300 and so are the adidas. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

LV shoes are contract manufactured, for the most part they are considered substantially lower price/quality than other manufacturers with similar price points (C&J comes to mind, as well as many others) Prada sneakers aren't any better made than most mainstream brands. For the most part sneakers in general aren't purchased for their durability or quality, or even price/quality ratio, otherwise we'd all be in new balances. I would group all three of these providers in the same ballpark in terms of quality of construction. Pretty much when you're talking about sneakers look and feel would be what you would be looking for, if you feel the need to pay for brand name then go right ahead.

Please don't get into an argument about the quality of LV/Prada sartorial products, on this forum you don't even want to go there. I think some LV leather goods/accessories are decent, I use a taiga leather card case as my primary wallet, but for the most part, all you're paying for is the name and logo, at least now as opposed to at turn of the 20th century.

12. Matt

Matt Senior member

LV shoes are contract manufactured, for the most part they are considered substantially lower price/quality than other manufacturers with similar price points (C&J comes to mind, as well as many others) Prada sneakers aren't any better made than most mainstream brands. For the most part sneakers in general aren't purchased for their durability or quality, or even price/quality ratio, otherwise we'd all be in new balances. I would group all three of these providers in the same ballpark in terms of quality of construction. Pretty much when you're talking about sneakers look and feel would be what you would be looking for, if you feel the need to pay for brand name then go right ahead.

Please don't get into an argument about the quality of LV/Prada sartorial products, on this forum you don't even want to go there. I think some LV leather goods/accessories are decent, I use a taiga leather card case as my primary wallet, but for the most part, all you're paying for is the name and logo, at least now as opposed to at turn of the 20th century.

i would have scored this at 40-15 but i gave up tennis cos I couldnt afford the shoes.

13. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

Wow, long time no post drizz! Welcome back.

14. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

Nike does limited runs with their SB line, meaning that sometimes the shoes get extremely limited runs. Once the shoes sell out, the price of them sometimes go up 10x the orginial price. Some as the shoes, such as the city series, the Unkle dunks, and even the rarest of the rare Tinker PRods, go for upwards of $300+ after the stop production.

i know that after they sell out the price goes up, but im talking real retail. the price that they sell for in a skate shop, not ebay. im sure that some shops will mark up the shit like crazy, but when they drop, in an honest shop, ive never seen 300$

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I have a pair from that line. Puma Rudolph Dassler signature line. One of my favorite shoes. Link

Used a coupon and they were a little over $100. Great fit, goes great with almost anything I wear from work to going out on the town.

Zappos has some from the 96 hours collection on sale, but really the only model I like doesn't look too good in real life (Nordstrom has it).

I decided to get the Y-3's. I like them, I know they fit me and I can afford them.

Jon.

16. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Zappos has some from the 96 hours collection on sale, but really the only model I like doesn't look too good in real life (Nordstrom has it).

I decided to get the Y-3's. I like them, I know they fit me and I can afford them.

Jon.

It can't be too good of a sale. Cheapest 96 Hours shoes I see is a tad under $170 and is the one I mentioned earlier. Where did you order your Y-3 from?

17. jet

jet Senior member

Actually I'd like to hear more if you don't mind. I'm curious as to the source of this info as well.

18. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

It can't be too good of a sale. Cheapest 96 Hours shoes I see is a tad under $170 and is the one I mentioned earlier. Where did you order your Y-3 from?

I didn't. A local store (by local I mean in SoFLA, the store is a good hour away) has them and I have to go pick them up.

Zappos has one pair for around $100.

Jon.

19. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

no.

20. jw74

jw74 Member