• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30" pdc jeans cheap

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found some discounted PDC jeans in the 2-TAT-02 wash. Â Medium wash with light distressing along the thighs. Â I can send pictures if requested. Edit: The actual jeans are a tad darker. norcal

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOLD... I might be able to find another pair in 30...ne1 interested?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does PDC do a darker, more indigo wash?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The 2-LTD-11 is pretty dark, but it's also (lightly) distressed. I'm wondering if they make a dark jean without distressing.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 2-LTD-11 is pretty dark, but it's also (lightly) distressed.  I'm wondering if they make a dark jean without distressing.
I have a pair of "Black Sunkist" that is very dark...basically an indigo that's overdyed in black. After a few washings, the blue is starting to show through more, but there's not a whole lot of distressing.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOLD... I might be able to find another pair in 30...ne1 interested?
I would be interested. Still got 'em?

dan

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair of "Black Sunkist" that is very dark...basically an indigo that's overdyed in black. After a few washings, the blue is starting to show through more, but there's not a whole lot of distressing.

Got those too (been on a bit of a PDC jean binge lately) but I'm thinking more like a raw, unwashed denim. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, but PDC jeans fit me about 10 times as well as anything else I've tried, so I can always hope...

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of "Black Sunkist" that is very dark...basically an indigo that's overdyed in black. Â After a few washings, the blue is starting to show through more, but there's not a whole lot of distressing.
Got those too (been on a bit of a PDC jean binge lately) but I'm thinking more like a raw, unwashed denim. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, but PDC jeans fit me about 10 times as well as anything else I've tried, so I can always hope...
Yeah, I hear ya on the PDC binge. I now own five pairs of their jeans, and two pairs of cords. I'm also in posession of a pair of 38's that are destined for ebay. Great stuff, and every pair I've tried in my size fits perfectly.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was the one who purchased the first pair of PDC jeans from NorcalTransplant. I just received them today and they are perfect. Only two days from the time I paid to the time I got them. I've only got good things to say about him as a seller.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw a pair like that recently, but apparently I was pipedreaming, because there is nothing like it in their current set of washes. But I'll phone some people and check again. I think that the wash was called "rigid" or "coated" or something like that. The GTO 1-year (my favorite) varies from jean to jean, and is probably your best bet. Some individual jeans have nearly no distressing at all. Hahahahaha. My plan to make everyone in the forum love Paper Denim has worked. Call in vanity, but I just searched for the very first reference to Paper Denims. It was way back in April 2002, in a post on favorite labels, and I wrote:
4) Diesel - you need great jeans, and with very few exceptions... I actually like the Paper, Cloth and Denim company jeans a little more, ...
and then in response to a follow up question from Gatorstyle, I wrote:
About Paper, Denim and Cloth (or just Paper - and I got the order wrong in my last post) jeans: The jeans come in a variety of washes and wears, similar to Diesel - but I find that they have a slightly more classic feel to them, both in terms of fit and colors. Think vintage 501s. I've noticed that the denim they use is a little softer than that of Diesel jeans, and that their details (like a small, worn part on the back pocket, or wear marks in the front,) look like they've been better designed than those on Diesels. For example, the wear lines have a slightly uneven quality, the way real vintage jeans look. They are (or at least in my limited experience) a little more fitted than Diesels, for equivalent styles - but remember that, for example, Kratts feel a lot different from Kulter jeans. Finally, I prefer them because of their cachet quality. I prefer to wear something different from what people around me are wearing, and it seems that everyone and their dog wears Diesel jeans. Paper jeans are still generally available only at non-mainstream, funky boutique stores. They are pricey though. I think that they are in a slightly higher pricepoint than Diesels, and seem to start at around $130. Anyways, hope this helps.
That was based on the original Paper Denims, which were significantly different cut then they are now. And the cachet quality is finished (Rogan polished them off soon afterwards) but I still think that they still beat the pants off pretty much any similarly priced jean out there. And my plan to promote John Varvatos accessories (started in the same thread) seems to be having it's nefarious effect as well... Now, how to get my check from those guys... Oh, and in the same thread, the "young bloods" vs. and "old school" thing started. Wow, I love history and all that stuff. Steve B., here's a shout out to you and me...

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA Guy,

Can you expand the comment you made in that last post, about how the cut of PDCs has changed from 'then' to 'now'?

Also, on their website, there is something about a 'black label'...but I'm on dial-up so it's a real pain to look into it further. Does anyone have information on this line of PDCs?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
38's that are destined for ebay.
What model? And LA Guy, I should have listened to you a lot earlier about Paper Denim. I was hooked the first time I tried a pair on, and that should have happened a year ago, not a couple of months ago
smile.gif
Good call on the Varvatos as well. How about some info on the Rogan's? Do they have different models, and how does the fit compare to PDC, LTD cut?? John at Louis recommends them, as you have been for some time now, which means I might have to give them a try.

Oltmann

Reaction score
Regarding PDC jeans with a simple wash, I submit the following. These are 2-LIT-50 in "Clean Dark" wash. I got them from goclothing.com, although they don't appear to have any more.
pdc.jpg
The only "vintagization" that has been done is a bit of fraying around the front pocket opening. They may appear yellowed in the picture, but this is due to the halogen lighting in my room and my phonecam. I would like to find this wash on one of the SLM jeans because I find the cut of these ostentatious (which sometimes suits my mood I admit,) but so far my search of "The OC" has come up short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads