1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

30" pdc jeans cheap

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by norcaltransplant, Aug 15, 2004.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

I found some discounted PDC jeans in the 2-TAT-02 wash. Â Medium wash with light distressing along the thighs. Â I can send pictures if requested. Edit: The actual jeans are a tad darker. norcal [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

SOLD... I might be able to find another pair in 30...ne1 interested?

3. Alias

Alias Senior member

Does PDC do a darker, more indigo wash?

4. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

The 2-LTD-11 is pretty dark, but it's also (lightly) distressed. I'm wondering if they make a dark jean without distressing.

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

I have a pair of "Black Sunkist" that is very dark...basically an indigo that's overdyed in black. After a few washings, the blue is starting to show through more, but there's not a whole lot of distressing.

6. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I would be interested. Still got 'em?

dan

7. A Harris

Got those too (been on a bit of a PDC jean binge lately) but I'm thinking more like a raw, unwashed denim. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, but PDC jeans fit me about 10 times as well as anything else I've tried, so I can always hope...

8. VMan

VMan Senior member

I have a pair of "Black Sunkist" that is very dark...basically an indigo that's overdyed in black. Â After a few washings, the blue is starting to show through more, but there's not a whole lot of distressing.
    Got those too (been on a bit of a PDC jean binge lately) but I'm thinking more like a raw, unwashed denim. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, but PDC jeans fit me about 10 times as well as anything else I've tried, so I can always hope...
    Yeah, I hear ya on the PDC binge. I now own five pairs of their jeans, and two pairs of cords. I'm also in posession of a pair of 38's that are destined for ebay. Great stuff, and every pair I've tried in my size fits perfectly.

9. VMan

VMan Senior member

I was the one who purchased the first pair of PDC jeans from NorcalTransplant. I just received them today and they are perfect. Only two days from the time I paid to the time I got them. I've only got good things to say about him as a seller.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I thought I saw a pair like that recently, but apparently I was pipedreaming, because there is nothing like it in their current set of washes. But I'll phone some people and check again. I think that the wash was called "rigid" or "coated" or something like that. The GTO 1-year (my favorite) varies from jean to jean, and is probably your best bet. Some individual jeans have nearly no distressing at all. Hahahahaha. My plan to make everyone in the forum love Paper Denim has worked. Call in vanity, but I just searched for the very first reference to Paper Denims. It was way back in April 2002, in a post on favorite labels, and I wrote:
    and then in response to a follow up question from Gatorstyle, I wrote:
    That was based on the original Paper Denims, which were significantly different cut then they are now. And the cachet quality is finished (Rogan polished them off soon afterwards) but I still think that they still beat the pants off pretty much any similarly priced jean out there. And my plan to promote John Varvatos accessories (started in the same thread) seems to be having it's nefarious effect as well... Now, how to get my check from those guys... Oh, and in the same thread, the "young bloods" vs. and "old school" thing started. Wow, I love history and all that stuff. Steve B., here's a shout out to you and me...

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

LA Guy,

Can you expand the comment you made in that last post, about how the cut of PDCs has changed from 'then' to 'now'?

Also, on their website, there is something about a 'black label'...but I'm on dial-up so it's a real pain to look into it further. Does anyone have information on this line of PDCs?

12. A Harris

What model? And LA Guy, I should have listened to you a lot earlier about Paper Denim. I was hooked the first time I tried a pair on, and that should have happened a year ago, not a couple of months ago [​IMG] Good call on the Varvatos as well. How about some info on the Rogan's? Do they have different models, and how does the fit compare to PDC, LTD cut?? John at Louis recommends them, as you have been for some time now, which means I might have to give them a try.

13. Oltmann

Oltmann Senior member

Regarding PDC jeans with a simple wash, I submit the following. These are 2-LIT-50 in "Clean Dark" wash. I got them from goclothing.com, although they don't appear to have any more. [​IMG] The only "vintagization" that has been done is a bit of fraying around the front pocket opening. They may appear yellowed in the picture, but this is due to the halogen lighting in my room and my phonecam. I would like to find this wash on one of the SLM jeans because I find the cut of these ostentatious (which sometimes suits my mood I admit,) but so far my search of "The OC" has come up short.