• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

30 CLASSIC SUITS! Zegna, Hilton, Brooks Bros., J. Press, H. Freeman, 3/2 sacks, Three-Piece, more!

30 CLASSIC SUITS! Zegna, Hilton, Brooks Bros., J. Press, H. Freeman, 3/2 sacks, Three-Piece, more!

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tweedydon submitted a new resource:

30 CLASSIC SUITS! Zegna, Hilton, Brooks Bros., J. Press, H. Freeman, 3/2 sacks, Three-Piece, more! - Free shipping and Offers Welcome!

Normally, I would post the suits here individually. However, I can't easily move my posts from the old B&S system to this one, as they're very picture heavy. So, you can find these suits here, on the Ask Andy classifieds:

https://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?57921-AAAC-Informal-Trad-Thrift-Store-Exchange&p=1828927#post1828927

To apologize for the need to click through, I'll offer an automatic 10% discount per jacket--and offers are still very welcome!
Read more about this resource...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Typically, this will not be allowed in the future, for obvious reasons (this system is not meant as a pass through to other sites), but given that this is a rather abrupt jump, I will allow it for this time only. Going forward, kindly post the suits individually. The "attach images" works well on desktop for multiple images.

Cheers,

Fok.
Thank you, Fok--that's very kind of you, and this will be my last "click through" post. I've always posted items individually in threads in the past, but shifting over 250+ images was rather daunting!

I take it that posting multiple items in one post (with no click through) as in the past is still OK? i just think it might be easier for people to scroll through one post to look at a bunch of trad jackets or suits rather than click around with multiple posts.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We would prefer a one post/one item listing, unless you are selling multiple exact items or at least items of the same price. There are a couple of reasons for this:

1) The system automatically closes down the listing as "unavailable" once someone buys it (or all of the same item). Having never closing listings gunks up this system. The original reason we allowed multiple items in a single listing on the old system was because we never did get the system we wanted from Huddler. Now that we have something that we can work with ourselves, we'd really like you to give it at least a shot.

2) Many users prefer to browse visually - this was not as true in 2002 when we started the forum, but it is definitely true 15 years in. Once we get the developers to fix the cover image, we will be displaying items in a grid. Having multiple, dissimilar items again messes this up.

2) The Paypal system in place protects both the seller and the buyer, and the payment information is never stored on our system in a PM or otherwise, only by Paypal. Internet security is more and more of a concern, and while we will be applying for SSL and https this coming week, it is still not as secure as Paypal itself.

We tested a few systems for usability, and this one stood out for us. It would be great if you could give this a shot. We really value you as a seller, and think that you'll find that having individual items "pop" on their own, will ultimately be best for both sellers and buyers.
Gosh, thanks for all of this information Fok! :)

I'll be more than happy to start listing things individually; this Forum is terrific, and I certainly wouldn't want my arcane practices to mess things up! :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.