• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

~$30 bourbons

stvwrd

Reaction score
I recently did some extra work on my own time for one of the directors at my company. He's in the US at the moment and told me that he'd pay me for the work when he gets back.

It only took me about an hour and wasn't really a big deal, so I was thinking of just asking him to bring me back a bottle of bourbon, since I've only recently started drinking whiskey. I've mainly been drinking scotch though and would like to try some bourbons.

Maker's Mark I can already get here. What's another decent bourbon around 30 bucks, that would also be easy to find (I don't want to inconvenience him too much either)?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woodford Reserve.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basil Hayden's.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't tell him which bourbon to bring back--let him choose with the help of the salesperson.

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
Just give a few options to make it clear you don't need anything fancy.

Bulleit
Evan Williams Single Barrel
Knob Creek
Woodford
Eagle Rare
Bookers
Blantons...

Really you can't go wrong if you just say "Anything but Jim, Jack, or Maker's"

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If I was him, I'd consider having to transport a bottle of anything from USA to Korea an incredible PITA.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blanton's is a lot more than $30.

nicad2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrojanGarb

Bulleit
Knob Creek
Woodford
Eagle Rare
Bookers
Blantons...

Add Buffalo Trace to that list, it's in the low twenties I believe.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
So is Booker's.

I bought some Booker's last week for $37.
It was not a special deal.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stvwrd
I recently did some extra work on my own time for one of the directors at my company. He's in the US at the moment and told me that he'd pay me for the work when he gets back.

It only took me about an hour and wasn't really a big deal, so I was thinking of just asking him to bring me back a bottle of bourbon, since I've only recently started drinking whiskey. I've mainly been drinking scotch though and would like to try some bourbons.

Maker's Mark I can already get here. What's another decent bourbon around 30 bucks, that would also be easy to find (I don't want to inconvenience him too much either)?

If he won't shell out for a bottle of George T. Stagg then he doesn't truly value your contribution.
tounge.gif

stvwrd

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the input. I will take it under consideration.

You too Zippyh... I should've considered that transporting liquor might be an inconvenience if someone's not used to it, so... maybe I'll just ask for peanut butter cups or something... will give it some thought.

CafeRacer

Reaction score
I go back and forth to China with liquor all the time. It's really not that big of a deal, just seal it in a bag and wrap it in a towel (or something padded). He could even just duty free it on the way over.

BAB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrojanGarb

Bulleit
Knob Creek
Woodford
Eagle Rare
Bookers
Blantons...

this approach sounds very scientific and not based on 'maker's mark-and-jim-beam-are-oh-so-naff-i'd-rather-pay-up-and-choose-something-more-snobby' tactics...

maker's mark is a fine bourbon.. so is jim beam black and rye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads