• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3-year-old conductor kid

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Even putting aside the music, this kid's motor skills are pretty damned impressive, if he's really 3.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can this now be the 3-year-old musical insanity thread?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The motor skills are not what is impressive...

The kid has obviously heard this music many times and for someone his age, understands Beethoven's musical gestures in this piece pretty well. The thing I like the most is the joy he gets from it, and how excited he is to perform. That really is amazing and I hope his parents encourage him.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
can this now be the amazing 13 year old kid thread

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. sickness. he's super jacked and has the cleanest finish i've ever seen from somebody doing powermoves that fast. i dont know anybody that can do airtracks that fast

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sorry. could only get thru half of that because of the awful announcer.

WHOAAAA

WHOAAAAA

WHOOOOOOAAAAAA

WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Besides they train those little Chinese kids from the time they're infants. Probably took him away from his parents to train in the mountains and ****. I bet they faked his age, too.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he's korean. his big brother's in morning of owls crew which is how he got started he's 14 now. i dunno how gets through all those sets without shoes.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
all rook same

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Even putting aside the music, this kid's motor skills are pretty damned impressive, if he's really 3.

Even not putting music aside, this kid is fantastic! In some ways he's than some conductors I've worked with... seriously.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of his gestures are uncanny for a 3 year old. It's not that he gets the pulse much of the time, which is amazing in itself, it's the cues! I love the pp clarinet cue as Beethoven recalls the Scherzo. Amazing. And, has been said, the pure joy.

I've worked with worse.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Funny this came up. Yesterday I watched a video of Shaq guest-conducting the Boston pops, and he couldn't even keep time with the music. I guess Shaq has gotten slow.

But that child...is uncanny.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Funny this came up. Yesterday I watched a video of Shaq guest-conducting the Boston pops, and he couldn't even keep time with the music. I guess Shaq has gotten slow.

But that child...is uncanny.

It actually wasn't that bad. I can guarantee that most people can't keep a pulse either. He felt the rhythm, it was obvious by his movements... but actually showing a steady beat is far more difficult than you think. There's a reason good baton technique isn't that common.

I thought he did a great job and was probably pretty nervous.

He certainly did way better than most average people would do trying to post up on someone in the NBA.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
It actually wasn't that bad. I can guarantee that most people can't keep a pulse either. He felt the rhythm, it was obvious by his movements... but actually showing a steady beat is far more difficult than you think. There's a reason good baton technique isn't that common.

He certainly did way better than most average people would do trying to post up on someone in the NBA.

I'm sure my opinion would be different if I were up there trying to keep time. That said, Shaq has put out at least one rap album so staying on the beat ought not be that hard a chore, leaving out the likelihood of studio magic. And I'm sure nerves play a role, but he does put himself out there quite a bit - he's no shrinking violet, and for that I do respect him and find him endearing.

As for posting up someone in the NBA, I don't know about you but at 6' 167# and a long-ish wingspan, I play a lot longer than my height and am almost pure upside, and whatever other draft-day faint-praise cliches apply to the minimally-talented skinny-dog hustlers.
smile.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField

Agreed. It was better than most celebs that try to conduct at functions like this. He was at least feeling the music.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I'm sure my opinion would be different if I were up there trying to keep time. That said, Shaq has put out at least one rap album so staying on the beat ought not be that hard a chore, leaving out the likelihood of studio magic. And I'm sure nerves play a role, but he does put himself out there quite a bit - he's no shrinking violet, and for that I do respect him and find him endearing.

As for posting up someone in the NBA, I don't know about you but at 6' 167# and a long-ish wingspan, I play a lot longer than my height and am almost pure upside, and whatever other draft-day faint-praise cliches apply to the minimally-talented skinny-dog hustlers.
smile.gif

Stick technique and being able to keep the beat are actually two very different things. You can have a very good pulse but not show it effectively, it's something you have to practice.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand the difference in good conductors and bad - don't the musicians pretty much know the music backward and forward without being conducted?

and the 13-year old b-boy is pretty badass, but doesn't he have that one main spin move? didn't see a lot of other positional holds or things I assume are impressive in those competitions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads