1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

3 work boots. Choose 2!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Meezus, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Meezus

Meezus Member

Posted this in MFA, but not getting much action. What do you think SF?

The options (all similarly priced):
    Red Wing Iron Ranger in Amber Harness
    RW Beckman in Black Cherry
    Wolverine 1000 mile's in Rust

The goal is to get the two most different pairs (color/style), so as to maximize the usefulness of these in a wardrobe. I can't go see these in person; think I've got a good idea of style from photos, but the colors seem to change in every pic.
    Or maybe the answer is they're all similar, and to just choose one.
    Thanks!

2. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Get one! You should also have winter boots and a pair of light chukkas in your wardrobe. Two work boots is overkill.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  3. mixProtocol

mixProtocol Senior member

If you're set on two different sets of boots, I'd get one higher-end (dressier) boot and one true workboot, like the Chippewa 20065. For the more pricey boot, you need to decide whether you want a leather or rubber sole before then choosing whether you want captoe, etc... You might also want to consider the AE Dalton, Longbranch -- or maybe the Bayfield. I agree w/ NormanF though, I'd aim for one only workboot.

4. Meezus

Meezus Member

Stop trying to make me be reasonable guys!
    Yea I guess I've just heard so many good things about these 3 boots and couldn't decide sight unseen. So f it, I'll just get 2.

Makes more sense to get something that firmly sits in the dress boot category than another pair of work boots. Was looking at that pair of Hawkins McGill brogue boots from urban outfitters as a $89 dressy boot, [​IMG]
    but those AE Daltons are hot.

Not a big fan of those Chippewas, I like their j crew collab stuff but the price is up w RW/ Wolvies. So I'm thinking get the IR's then (definitive work boot), and a dress boot.
    Thoughts? Reassure me SF.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  5. the shivman

the shivman Senior member

None of the above. Get a pair of White's and a pair of Nick's or Wesco's. All are much better quality than those crap options.

6. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

White's makes great boots, and very high quality, but to argue the other options are "crap" is ridiculous.

To the OP, I think you will find the Wolverine 1k's the most comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  7. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Wolv 1k are not crap, you = no creditability after making that statement.

8. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

To be completely honest, I would steer clear of the Cherry coloured ones, if you are looking for something that is versatile. The other two boots are excellent, and the colour is good. Personally I prefer the Red Wings, but the Wolverines are almost the same... Agree with above, though...you don't need 2 pairs of workboots. Get 1 workboot and a 1 desert boot.

9. Meezus

Meezus Member

Really, I would've thought the dark-colored Black Cherry would be the most flexible both for matching colors and as far as dressing up/down.
    Oh and I've already got my CDBs, but I find them really uncomfortable; I think they're a little big.

10. bertie

bertie Senior member

The dark cherry colour is reasonably versatile. However the RW boots are work boots - they are very stiff and a little bulbous, especially when compared to the 1000k. I'm not sure the RW can be worn as dressed up as the 1000k due to the different soles and overall shape and the 1000k are way more comfortable out of the box (I have both). If Ihad to pick one it would be the 1000k.