• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 way dressing mirrors

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many of you have one at home to check fit on new purchases and alterations?

I thought this would be very handy and wondered if you could recommend any good value (< $150) ones

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The doors to my closet are mirrored, I simply open them and adjust the angle however needed...works for me.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My closet doors are mirrored. But I do fancy a walk in closet as large as a bedroom with 360 mirror.
:slayer:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a 3 way mirror setup but no space to put one at this time.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you guys just build one too? I can't imagine it is very pricey. I assume it would entail two 2x4, attached plywood, stain, hinges, mirrors. I'd imagine that you can do that for about $50-$60.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you know, this has never occurred to me to do and yet it seems so brilliant and simple. great idea! I don't see how hard it would be to either make or buy one of these and set it up in the closed.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. I need a california closet:

closets-california.jpg

or this

But ideally I want the look and feel of a RL store as my room/closet combo

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, you mean you don't have a papier mache/duct tape dummy/bust/mannequin of yourself for fitting and matching your new acquisitions?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, you mean you don't have a papier mache/duct tape dummy/bust/mannequin of yourself for fitting and matching your new acquisitions?

lol I read your signature, does he know you have him in your signature?

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't you guys just build one too? I can't imagine it is very pricey. I assume it would entail two 2x4, attached plywood, stain, hinges, mirrors. I'd imagine that you can do that for about $50-$60.
Yeah.. I need a california closet:

closets-california.jpg

or this

But ideally I want the look and feel of a RL store as my room/closet combo

The Digs site link is brilliant, oh the avarice I'm feeling right now!

I remember Vox saying he had a 6 way mirror set up in his dressing room for checking alterations done.

Blahman - I hope you only use your papier mache image for dressing and have not bore holes into it :D

Usctro - building one seems a great idea. I will see what shop bought prices I can find and compare. So far they seem pricey

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads