• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 strikes and WE ARE OUT!!!

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Wish you could hear the full story on the "stodgy old" shirtmaker. It'd explain a lot.

+1

Originally Posted by rupertwaddles
I don't own any BoO (though I feel it's great stuff even if it's sort of overpriced) but I'm pretty sure you could show any of the clothing we love to a stodgy old Men's Clothing-type shirtmaker and he'd flip out. I mean really, to see an example of the type of shirtmaker, go over into that forum someday and watch as someone says they're buying a MtM or OTR suit from a fashion label and 40 grandpas have aneurisms in a 30 page thread. SoCal's Jil & Thom suits alone have probably caused six figures worth of heart attack medical bills. Not saying there aren't some very cool well dressed dudes in there (like AlanC or Vox Sartoria) but you'll still find a zillion MafooFans who scoff at spending a dollar on a "Fashion" line because it's not a slim suit with baggy arms made by some guy that shows up on the sartorialist all the time.

This is a pretty ignorant post.

Anyway, Jil tailor made and thom browne get a lot of praise for quality, if not fit over there. Your generalization of MC is just as off as the MafooFan refence you make.

rupertwaddles

Reaction score
Wish you could hear the full story on the "stodgy old" shirtmaker. It'd explain a lot.
I kind of assumed it'd be a normal dude who is probably a cool dude but I was making a point that a lot of clothes we like would be laughed at for price and construction by people in other sections of fashion. I guess my jokes didnt really come off as well as I wanted them to.
Originally Posted by Souper
+1 This is a pretty ignorant post. Anyway, Jil tailor made and thom browne get a lot of praise for quality, if not fit over there. Your generalization of MC is just as off as the MafooFan refence you make.
I thought I said I like some of the people there? I was saying a lot of that in humor I wasn't trying to characterize the entirety of the forum, just making a joke. There's some really awesome people there my point was just that you can find the type of person who'd scoff at anything we like including BoO. But anyways, for the record there's awesome people in that forum and I like reading it even if I don't dress that way. On reading my post again the joke really didn't work and I really did come off as a jerk, that wasn't what I meant, sorry. Joke bombed
frown.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
+1
I meant that I wished he could hear the full story. I know the shirtmaker and why he said what he did. Suffice to say that Mauro's private label shirts will be the best available for the price.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which I'm sure my broke ass won't be able to afford, but I'm still intrigued.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I said I like some of the people there? I was saying a lot of that in humor I wasn't trying to characterize the entirety of the forum, just making a joke. There's some really awesome people there my point was just that you can find the type of person who'd scoff at anything we like including BoO. But anyways, for the record there's awesome people in that forum and I like reading it even if I don't dress that way. On reading my post again the joke really didn't work and I really did come off as a jerk, that wasn't what I meant, sorry. Joke bombed
frown.gif

It totally sucks that some of these stodgy old dudes didn't get it, and your awesome joke like totally bombed.

Twat...

K

rupertwaddles

Reaction score
I meant that I wished he could hear the full story. I know the shirtmaker and why he said what he did. Suffice to say that Mauro's private label shirts will be the best available for the price.

Yeah as I said I didn't mean to come off like I was insulting that shirtmaker and I bet he's very cool and not who i pegged him as but I was just making a joke trying to illustrate the difference in what some people in the clothing industry would think of clothes we like and their prices but again like I said it didn't work and it wasn't funny and I suck at jokes I'm going to shut up now
frown.gif

rupertwaddles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
It totally sucks that some of these stodgy old dudes didn't get it, and your awesome joke like totally bombed. Twat... K
What? I was saying my joke sucked and wasn't awesome and was apologizing for how bad it was... AAaaaa I ruined this page I'm really sorry everyone
frown.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What? I was saying my joke sucked and wasn't awesome and was apologizing for how bad it was...

AAaaaa I ruined this page I'm really sorry everyone
frown.gif

psssst... if you want it to stop just let it die out.

If you respond, other people will also. No matter what you say people will read what they want into it.

K

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^LOL

souper pm me.

I hope my shirts come together sooner the my Farinelli VS Crate gig.
The mail might have lost my sample! If I need another made I will go BONKERS!

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel that BoO oxford is pretty good...what else can it be made out of? Its a thick nice feeling. But then again, this is coming from a guy whose been wearing mall brands...

Just wondering, what are some brands with higher quailty cloth for RTW shirts? Id like to give them a try. Paying almost 200$ for a shirt, I at least expect quailty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads