• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 roll 2 lapel, function?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a 3 roll 3 lapel is nice because it allows someone on the shorter side to wear a 3 button without, I think, shortening the wearer.

Also it emphasizes the elegance of the roll, if it's a nice roll.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I call this bs. There's no such thing. Unless, you're talking about food.

Originally Posted by HomerJ
I like the 3 roll 1 cuz I'm a baller and I roll deep.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
100% of the time? I find that I can visualize it 1.65% of the time, and during that 1.65% I find it to be a bad idea 97.2% of the time and a horrible idea 2.1% of the time. The other .7% of the time I am not 100% sure what I think.

I was thinking he liked 50% of his buttons to roll and 50% not to roll rather than 33% to roll and 66% not to roll.

But maybe you're right.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
I was thinking he liked 50% of his buttons to roll and 50% not to roll rather than 33% to roll and 66% not to roll.

But maybe you're right.

I think all of you are looking for the Social Life, Food, and Drink thread "What Did You Do Last Night?...".

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer 6-roll-4buttons, especially on my triple breasted thong strap

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too obvious but I get the point.
rotflmao.gif

Originally Posted by Tarmac
I prefer 6-roll-4buttons, especially on my triple breasted thong strap

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dscn1253hr3.jpg

It is vestigial, like nipples on men. It's there as a reminder of what once was, but is now useless.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
I did a search and I see tons of posts like yours advising the OP to do a search. Annoying as hell.
that makes 2 of us
cheers.gif
without that "new topic" button you'd be out of posts, but without people like you i would be out of posts! plus - i always at least try to give SOME insight, as you could tell from my previous replies. not just meaningless posts (or so i'd like to believe).

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
It is vestigial, like nipples on men. It's there as a reminder of what once was, but is now useless.
That's deep.

IMG_12.JPG

Mblova

Reaction score
I like the 3 roll 2 to be more of a classy suit. More formal than a 2 button suit, and can be very versitile.

Mblova

Reaction score
I was talking about the lapels actually being more "rolled" than the ones in the picture above

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
dscn1253hr3.jpg

you exaggerated the roll here right? The 3-roll-2s I've seen before all roll at the middle of the buttonhole.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YFYF,

Who made the suit? Can we see more pictures? Looks so nice.
cheers.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads