• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

3 piece Irish linen blue suit?

photo41

Reaction score
What footwear, shirt and neckwear work well with a 3 piece Irish linen blue suit?

ValidusLA

Reaction score
What color blue? Is it Navy? Dark Navy? Royal? Slate? Like if I was looking at HFW Irish Linen, they do Navy, Dark navy, and slate. Navy and D Navy are pretty similar, but slate is quite different.

In general when I wear linen if I'm wearing a tie (which I like to), I like to go for ties that give good texture and look casual - shantung, grenadine, knits. Self tipping, that kind of thing. No super shiny smooth ties.

As far as shoes - really depends how you want to do it I think. Loafers sans socks would be a pretty standard choice I think. A woven raffia slipper could look cool, or a bit loafer.

I think linen can be dressed down or up as you see fit really. I assume your Irish linen is in the weighter range around 320-380 grams?

photo41

Reaction score
Thank you
While the fabric is slightly darker than the slate in the link you've so kindly provided. It has some medium printed windowpanes in grey and navy
I'd go for white cotton shirts and black loafers.
As for necktie will have a polka dot red bowtie

regards,
Valentin

photo41

Reaction score
What color blue? Is it Navy? Dark Navy? Royal? Slate? Like if I was looking at HFW Irish Linen, they do Navy, Dark navy, and slate. Navy and D Navy are pretty similar, but slate is quite different.

In general when I wear linen if I'm wearing a tie (which I like to), I like to go for ties that give good texture and look casual - shantung, grenadine, knits. Self tipping, that kind of thing. No super shiny smooth ties.

As far as shoes - really depends how you want to do it I think. Loafers sans socks would be a pretty standard choice I think. A woven raffia slipper could look cool, or a bit loafer.

I think linen can be dressed down or up as you see fit really. I assume your Irish linen is in the weighter range around 320-380 grams?
20190803_141923.jpg

J.Odelius

Reaction score
What a lovely suit.
I would wear pretty much any dress shoe with it. Maybe I'd avoid black ones. But I imagine brown, dark brown/tobacco, oxblood and other playful colors as well.

photo41

Reaction score
thank you Jimmie

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.