• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 more reasons to look forward to the next season of Mad Men.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heebalabala
How can you people watch such a miserable, depressing show? And the endless plume of cigarette smoking??
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
I got through the first season and couldn't take it any more (the misery or the smoking). Sure the women are hot, but so are the babes on Battlestar Galactica.

Sounds like you're more the Glee type? More power to you. And how about that Dickens guy? All those starving orphans: who reads that crap? Give me Twilight any day.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you people watch such a miserable, depressing show? And the endless plume of cigarette smoking??
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
I got through the first season and couldn't take it any more (the misery or the smoking). Sure the women are hot, but so are the babes on Battlestar Galactica.

ayln44.gif

heebalabala

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Sounds like you're more the Glee type? More power to you. And how about that Dickens guy? All those starving orphans: who reads that crap? Give me Twilight any day.
Seriously guy, this is how you're going to question my taste? Say I'm a Glee fan? I guess if that's what you need to tell yourself, go ahead. I don't think Mad Men fans are idiots and I can appreciate "dark" shows as much as the next guy. Six Feet Under is amazing, for example. But in my eyes Mad Men has to be one of the most overrated shows on the air today. It's themes are laughable overbearing and ham-fisted, and the show's creators clearly hold these characters, and this era, in contempt. I don't enjoy overt ridicule wrapped in style and tired ironic anti-heroes like Don Draper. If the show speaks to you, fantastic.

heebalabala

Reaction score
Fellas, I'll shut up -- not trying to take this thread sideways. Regardless of my poor taste in television, I am in complete agreement that Christina Hendricks is one fantastic babe.
christina-hendricks.jpg

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously guy, this is how you're going to question my taste? Say I'm a Glee fan? I guess if that's what you need to tell yourself, go ahead. I don't think Mad Men fans are idiots and I can appreciate "dark" shows as much as the next guy. Six Feet Under is amazing, for example. But in my eyes Mad Men has to be one of the most overrated shows on the air today. It's themes are laughable overbearing and ham-fisted, and the show's creators clearly hold these characters, and this era, in contempt. I don't enjoy overt ridicule wrapped in style and tired ironic anti-heroes like Don Draper. If the show speaks to you, fantastic.

2a8hlkw.jpg

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
^^^ The brunette is Alison Brie, who plays Trudy. She's also in Community, on NBC.

I didn't say Hendricks wasn't impressive. But there are a lot physically impressive people, both male and female, that I don't find attractive. So, she's really busty . . . so what? It's not pretty and it's not cute. Sexy? Well, I suppose if you have a particularly strong interest in large breasts and extra-wide hips, but I like a well-balanced, prim body. Hendricks isn't that.

I suppose I prefer Ms. Brie (, but that's not my point.
My point is that Hendricks is a physical freak who manages to remain attractive, highly so in the eyes of many men, with an absurd combination of physical qualities that are raely seen working out in concert with eachother.

Either way I don't watch the show, seems too stylised, like watching a Tom Ford ad.
Suppose I'll come around and watch and like it someday, but its so overhyped I'm holding out out of spite.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NVM.. At least this is still in MC & not..

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
Really?! @ Foo I respectfully, but firmly, disagree. She looks like someone we all went to high school with (and probably ignored).
Firmly
disagree, eh? And we all know the real reason why the
foo.gif
prefers an unremarkable (but trim!) brunette to CH is because IRL they (
foo.gif
and CH) would probably end up looking like:
BlackWidow8.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
156z5f4.gif

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
20a52ll.gif

- B

Originally Posted by mafoofan
I don't understand how you're using this.

The new foo-memeâ„¢ of the ÃœberFooÂ
00ae.png
has many applications, not all of them fully understood.

In this particular case, the two dots of the umlaut signify the two boobies in the animation, to one of which Senior Member JLibourel (I think that's him) is reaching his palm.

What that, in turn, means is difficult to say. I assume it will be revealed in the fullness of time.

- B

ChadHahn

Reaction score
I've been in love with CH since her episodes on the show Firefly. In that show she was more natural and less flamboyant but still smoking hot.

Christina-Hendricks-Firefly-Screencaps-christina-hendricks-8730448-1365-768.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads