• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 hours in NYC, where to shop?

effang

Reaction score
i have three hours in nyc and would like to do some shopping.

where do you guys suggest? is fifth avenue my best bet for hitting multiple stores? anywhere in NYC that is a big special/different that i won't find in chicago?

thanks!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What are you looking for? West Village and SoHo have good clusters as well

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CHCM, 45rpm, Unis, Freeman's Sporing Club

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What does Freeman's Sporting Club carry? My friend lives across the street from it on Rivington but I thought it was just a barber shop.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally depends on what you're looking for I guess. If it were me I'd hit up Nepenthes, Self Edge, Blue In Green, and Leffot. It would probably require a cab ride or two to hit all that in three hours....but I think it might be possible.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what are u lookin for??

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if a lot of people will agree with me, whenever I am in NYC I make it a point to stop at INA Men (the Prince St. location only, across from Cafe Habana) and Tokio 7. These are both consignment shops. I have always walked out with some amazing finds at killer prices. :slayer:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
INA is mad overpriced

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

What does Freeman's Sporting Club carry? My friend lives across the street from it on Rivington but I thought it was just a barber shop.

Their own line of stuff. It's a bit like toned-down EG. There are some decent pieces but the prices and collections have always made me feel underwhelmed.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freeman's has suits, chinos, shirts, shoes, etc. Locally made, well made. Forgot about Nepentheses, but I was keeping you downtown in the same vicinity

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads