• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 Days in Europe: Where to go?

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Will be heading out for a few days this Easter (from London) to Europe.

At the moment, I'm thinking Nice, Monaco, Marsielles would be a decent trip - what do you guys recommend (anywhere in the EU please!)?

Gherkins

Reaction score
I have to admit I've visited the Cote d'Azur about 20 years ago - but then Marseille wasn't too nice. Nice, Monaco and a trip across the border for Milan or even Florence would be my choice.

Fatto_in_Italia

Reaction score
Monaco and Nice are definately worth spending a day in. IF, you wanna add a third city, why not cross the border and go to San Remo?
Florence, although beautiful, is way too far and you'd be spending the lion's share of your time traveling..

Jrslm_Stylin

Reaction score
Nice, Monaco and San Remo are all beautiful and worth a trip, but I'd note that there are better beaches for far less in the EU. If you have cash to burn and want to hang out with b/millionaires (or really, their groupies and relatives, and those who flock to be seen with such), and want a nice Med coast experience, tough to beat Monaco.

Otherwise I'd look at Portugal, Barcelona, the Greek Islands, and Cyprus, which are all gorgeous destinations without the spoiled pretense of the French Riviera and Monaco, and are much cheaper even though they have top-class hotels.

Shantanu

Reaction score
If you would like the South of France, I cannot recommend any place more than Antibes. Elsewhere, Biarritz is also good, but far too cold at the moment. Otherwise, how about Seville or Valencia?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Paris!

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With three days to spare, don't bother going to more than one place. Why eat up all your time with travel?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads