• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3/4 Length Shorts On Guys

sloguy

Reaction score
What is the general feeling of guys wearing 3/4 length shorts/pants/jeans? I have heard a few comments that they make you look gay. Truth is 3/4 shorts are quite popular in Europe as well as out here in California. The 3/4 length means the pant hits at mid to upper calf but definitely below the knee. I personally think the look is cool, especially when worn sockless with sandals.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gf tried on a pair of 3/4 length pants yesterday at Banana Republic. I didn't say it directly, though I did hint at it... they made her look FAT. As for guys... maybe if you're going clam digging. EDIT... WHY DID YOU CHANGE TO BOLD?

vanity

Reaction score
I wear 'em in the summer. Some girls really like 'em on guys, some don't. A few of my guido buddies wear them too.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont do manpris

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it directly, though I did hint at it... they made her look FAT.
You could be in for a long weekend, my friend.

I have never seen this pulled off well, and I thought Knoxville looked kind cool in his cutoff dickies.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh, I was flirting dangerously close to the edge... "those don't look that good on you", "not a flattering fit", "they aren't designed for your body type", "they cut your leg off mid-calf mehhhh", and so on... the f-word never came out though
smile.gif
She doubted me at first, and thought they looked good on her. Thank god she turned around and saw her ass in the mirror with them on.

No couch sleeping that night.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Heh, I was flirting dangerously close to the edge... "those don't look that good on you", "not a flattering fit", "they aren't designed for your body type", "they cut your leg off mid-calf mehhhh", and so on... the f-word never came out though
smile.gif
She doubted me at first, and thought they looked good on her. Thank god she turned around and saw her ass in the mirror with them on.

No couch sleeping that night.

More guys should do this. Then your girlfriend can actually rely on you for doing more than lifting heavy things and stabbing ass.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
i dont do manpris

Hahaha, like a bro-ssiere?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm usually a live and let live kind of guy but, in this case, no.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So anyways, I was browsing the forums and thought someone was posting another one of those velvet blazer homophobe threads, but that this one was more or less spot on in terms of the stereotype, then realized that I'd misread the post and it was saying "3/4 Length Shorts on Guys"...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
My girlfriend goes to me for advice on clothes before her friends. I'm honest with her and tell her when stuff doesn't look good. I think it's dumb that some guys are so focused on telling their wife/gf they look good in something that isn't flattering. I know my girlfriend wants to buy something that looks good on her, not just something that doesn't look bad.

I say no to guys in capris, not just because of the gay stigma in the states, but because i haven't seen any that looked flattering. You're better off rolling up jeans/cords/khakis when you want because at least you can let them down and wear them normally. No point of wasting $50+ on capris when you can just do that.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Wear whatever the hell you want, but I don't understand how something "cute" on a girl would also look "good" on a guy.

As I've said before in a similar thread,

Milhouse: My feet are soaking wet but my cuffs are bone dry! Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Max

Reaction score
Manpris are a world of no. I don't understand why H&M sells them here.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhere between the manpri and Thom Browne lies shants. JNCO what up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads