• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

$3,250 - Isaia Hand Made - Italian, One Button Sport Coat 52 / 42 Slim 'GATSBY'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhavana01123

Reaction score
Isaia of Napoli - Light Ivory with varying shades of charcoal grey pin stripes. Elegantly silhouetted single button closure with peak lapels, Single, center vent. Slim Cut.

This is a Great Gatsby Blazer, if ever there was one!

73% Silk / 15% Linen / 12% Wool

New and unworn, with Sleeve Tag.

$3,250 at full retail after converting € to $ at time of purchase.

Please pardon my enthusiasm for this Sport Coat, it is equaled only by my frustration that it doesn't fit me.

Hand Made in Italy.

This is a size 52, in US size it is a 42 Slim.

All of the following measurements are pretty accurate and yet, I'll qualify them by saying, your approach may differ from my own in some very small way, for example, my measurements might differ from yours by a few mm depending on how taut you might pull the fabric versus how I did. I trust you understand. This is why I post photos of the tape and aspect being measured.

The cuff opening width = 5 3/8" = 13.65 cm
Armpit to armpit = 21"= 53.3 cm
The waist (measured through the center button) = 20" = 50.8cm
Length (bottom of collar to the bottom of the coat) = 30"= 76 cm
Shoulders (shoulder seam to shoulder seam) 17 5/8" = 44.7 cm
Sleeve length (from shoulder seam to bottom of cuff) = 25 5/8 inches = 65 cm
The width of the shoulder at the widest part = 8 " = 20.3 cm

If you now Isaia, then you can see what a value this is, if not, then head on over to the Isaia's English language web site and read up, then have a look at all of the little sartorial details that make this a very special kind of sport coat.

http://www.isaia.it/english.html

Conductors third ticket pocket, under collar/lapel back tab, hand sewn button holes, hand ticking, freakishly nice fabric…please see all of these details in the pictures.

CEO - Hedge Fund Manager or Trustafarian Quality sport coat - this is, at once, a Gatsby-esque signature piece AND a classic sport coat that can be dressed up, way up, way WAY up or down with grey cotton trousers for GQ cover shoot. Think Lapo Elkann - now think of your own nighttime party where your Sprezzatura will be on full display...now you're starting to get the picture ;)

Good luck and enjoy.

What I've posted on eBay...

Hi eBay’ers.

I’m doing a major, and I do mean MAJOR closet clean out. I enjoy clothes, from many different designers/brands and take great care of them. I use eBay’s Condition Chart to calibrate and indicate to you the actual condition YOU will find the garment in when you open the package. I have taken these photos in my makeshift photography studio (read, kitchen table with a dangling white sheet for a drop cloth ;-) I have been eBay’ing for a while now and I know that not all eBay’ers are created equally, so I endeavor to describe every material detail I can, so that you will have no unpleasant surprises.

Condition: New with Tag

Ebay's Condition Chart:

New With Tags or New Without Tags: never washed or worn; no flaws.
Like New: Appears new, no signs of wear; washed and possibly worn; no flaws.
Excellent: Previously worn, with only very slight wash wear; no flaws.
Very Good: Previously worn with moderate wash wear/fade, but no visible flaws.
Good: Previously worn with minor visible flaw(s), and/or significant wash wear/fade.
Fair: Previously worn with significant visible flaw(s), and/or heavy wash wear/fade.
Poor: Not wearable, has severe flaws/damage, but with desirable useable element(s).

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS. All pertinent details are shown in the pictures; please look closely at the measurements and colors and patterns.

Returns are NOT accepted. Be sure before you buy. Please notice my eBay rating. It is as it is for a reason ;-)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 117 33.6%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 29.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%