28 weeks later

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by skalogre, May 13, 2007.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Absolutely not. Not sure why you would say that. 28 Days Later is not an sci-fi action movie at all. If anything, Children of Men had much more action with the car chase and all those gunfights in the last 45 minutes.

Maybe you should see it again, they fall into the exact same category. Except that CoM had a pseudo message about it that could be summarized in a fortune cookie

I couldn't disagree more.

The only thing the two movies had in common was that they began in London and ended somewhere else.

Go ahead and summarize the "message" in Children of Men that could fit on a fortune cookie, just so I can see how much stuff you missed.

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I couldn't disagree more.

The only thing the two movies had in common was that they began in London and ended somewhere else.

Go ahead and summarize the "message" in Children of Men that could fit on a fortune cookie, just so I can see how much stuff you missed.

[​IMG]

3. bob

bob Senior member

I haven't watched it yet, but i'll b doing so soon. Love zombie movies, and i thought that 28 days later was great.

Liked children of men very much too. Don't know about this fortune cookie nonsense, and you can argue about all you like, but for me these were 2 brilliant movies. I especially like the atmosphere of the movie. In 28 days later, the scene when the main character steps out of the hospital and every thing is eerily quiet till just before the zombies show up. Loved it.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Nice way to set up a discussion [​IMG]

I will decline your invitation to a stupid back and forth on why you liked it and why I didn't. Pointless. Enjoy your DVD

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Nice way to set up a discussion [​IMG] I will decline your invitation to a stupid back and forth on why you liked it and why I didn't. Pointless. Enjoy your DVD
    Fine... but you didn't just say you didn't like it. You said that it FAILED at expositing its story, which I refuted, and you said that its "pseudo-message" could be printed out in a fortune cookie, which I also refuted. You also said that it falls into the exact same category of movie (IE zombie/horror) as 28 Days Later (which is absurd) Since you have no logical, emotional, or reasonable rebuttal for my questioning, one can only assume that you've come to the conclusion that you didn't like it by questionable means and never really watched it. And even if you've seen it, you obviously didn't understand it. You are free to your opinion, but when someone asks why you have an opinion, its nice to have an answer other than " ...? " Sorry to call you out, but I'd expect the same if I came on here and said. Hey, Edward Greens are poor quality shoes and way too expensive. Plus they are ugly. They are exactly like my Kenneth Coles, but they fall apart way faster. Then, when someone RATHER POLITELY asked me what I didn't like about my EG's I refused to answer them, got snooty, and snapped an insult at them. Not that 28DL was a Kenneth Cole... I liked it too... its just not a movie that stirs a lot of cerebellum, comparitively. Its a zombie movie. Pun intended.

6. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Take it easy, girls.

7. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

Not that 28DL was a Kenneth Cole... I liked it too... its just not a movie that stirs a lot of cerebellum, comparitively. Its a zombie movie. Pun intended.

Ugh... I think you missed the whole point of 28DL, but since we all know how stubborn you are I won't even try to change your opinion.

It's like saying that Children of Men was a pointless thriller... not quite right, is it?

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Ugh... I think you missed the whole point of 28DL, but since we all know how stubborn you are I won't even try to change your opinion.

No please... explain the point to me. Was I supposed to NOT like 28 days later? [​IMG]

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

It's like saying that Children of Men was a pointless thriller... not quite right, is it?

Err.... I am with Slim. I am often very crabby with the films I watch and I can certainly say that while "28 Day Later" had some interesting twists on an oft-abused genre (and in its own way more realistic than the average "Braaaaains, BRAAAAAINS" film), it was not any sort of hugely deep or complex film. No, it was not a Troma level production (what is?) but it was no greatly insightful film either. Good but not spectacular.

"Children of men" was good but just missed the mark of being a landmark (unintentional pun) in cinema. I liked it but it felt a little rushed and probably should have been allowed a longer running time.

P.s. Fulci is still king of the undead [​IMG]

10. Connemara

I'm going to see it tonight. I'll report back later.

11. Young Scrappy

Young Scrappy Senior member

Saw it last night. The movie wasn't great but entertaining. It was well-made and great production. We got our money's worth.

12. fortune

fortune Senior member

Ugh. I still haven't seen it. I can't drag my father along to see it, nor any sibling cause neither are old enough, and a very few of my close friends are 17(mind you we're all still juniors in HS) and the two times I've come close to seeing it, something has arisen and fucked up the plans. >.> I'll TRY to see it next weekend though. Something about movies on weeknights has never caught my eye.

13. Kopite

Kopite Senior member

I hope it makes enough money, so they will be able to make a 3rd film [​IMG] With Pirates and Shrek coming out its got a lot of competition.

14. Connemara

******************************Spoilers************ *******************

Good eye on the chunnel. The helicopter was the same one the kids got into at the stadium. You can tell by the family man's drawing he had on the ceiling. I thought it might have crashed because the pilot might have gotten infected from the boy(could have been a sneeze for all we know), but then again, there was no blood or bodies to be seen.

Was it even said where the helicopter pilot planned to go?

I've read that there was something after the credits. Did anyone stay to see what it was?

They showed the chopper flying over the White Cliffs at Dover, thus leading one to believe he was destined for France.

I'm not sure exactly how the French became infected...I guess the Chunnel is a good guess, but wouldn't the Frenchies have blockaded it when they found out England was (once again) overrun?

It's possible Andy got to the mainland and began infecting people. Perhaps it happened quickly, and the chopper pilot tried to get out, but he didn't make it and crashed...who knows.

I thought the ending was kinda cool. It obviously sets the stage for a third installment.

I agree with some others that the opening was badass...him running towards the boat and the creek was an awesome piece of cinema.

15. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

******************************Spoilers************ *******************

Good eye on the chunnel. The helicopter was the same one the kids got into at the stadium. You can tell by the family man's drawing he had on the ceiling. I thought it might have crashed because the pilot might have gotten infected from the boy(could have been a sneeze for all we know), but then again, there was no blood or bodies to be seen.

Was it even said where the helicopter pilot planned to go?

I've read that there was something after the credits. Did anyone stay to see what it was?

They showed the chopper flying over the White Cliffs at Dover, thus leading one to believe he was destined for France.

I'm not sure exactly how the French became infected...I guess the Chunnel is a good guess, but wouldn't the Frenchies have blockaded it when they found out England was (once again) overrun?

It's possible Andy got to the mainland and began infecting people. Perhaps it happened quickly, and the chopper pilot tried to get out, but he didn't make it and crashed...who knows.

******************************Spoilers*******************************

I really don't know about the ending, but I don't see why the helicopter would have crashed as I seen no reason to it. Perhaps its a different helicopter? As for the infected in France, I think they came from the Chunnel as I see no reason for them to show that scene if it were not for that.

As Reggs suggests, it could have been a sneeze, or anything of the sort that got the pilot infected. Thus, as the infected clearly are shown not to be able to do things such as drive cars, etc. they certainly wouldn't be able to command a helicopter. The chopper, as Connemara states, is seen flying over the Cliffs of Dover, clearly going to France. So, presumably, they were arriving in France, the infection was most likely transferred from brother to sister through anything including her cleaning the blood off of Andy, hugging him, giving him a kiss.......could be a million things. Then, the sister goes nutso, bites the pilot, blah blah. The helicopter plummets and crashes and whether or not anyone on it lived is besides the point. The dead could have been picked up by French paramedics, taken from the chopper and the infection could have passed from the dead to someone through blood, etc. Or they could have survived the crash and come out to attack people.

Either way, the chunnel theory is absurd. I'm pretty sure that the nation often deemed "most cowardly" (in friendly ridicule of course, I have nothing against the French) would have taken precautions to seal a 100 yd. diameter tunnel linking them to the site of the worst disease/disaster in human history at the other end (UK). Not only would the French have done this, but the involvement of the NATO & the US would obviously have ensured that at least one person thought "Hey, um, I think maybe we might want to seal the tunnel that connects us to millions of zombies." Besides, as the infected are pretty much shown as unorganized mindless, blood-thirsty drones, why in god's name would they wander unknowingly through a pitch black 31 mile tunnel?