• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

271 new picasso's....

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
32,372
Reaction score
191
These were just some extras I had in my collection. I felt they should be seen by the less fortunate.
 

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
14,658
Reaction score
2,297
have you ever seen a picasso? people who are seeing them are less fortunate.
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,752
Reaction score
2,692
i would have come forth sooner and cashed out!
 

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
439
Picasso's estate is run by douche bags. They're suing the owner for stealing them. Not sure how they can make that claim seeing as how they never knew they even existed in the first place.
 

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
20,250
Reaction score
5,355
When you go to Paris, if you haven't been to the Picasso museum, be sure to pay it a visit. It is one of my favorites.
 

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
14,193
Reaction score
1,954
There are so many Picassos out there that you can obtain something for roughly the cost of a new car if you really want. A dentist I used to go to had a sketch of a conquistador in his office by Picasso.
 

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
32,372
Reaction score
191
Originally Posted by StephenHero
There are so many Picassos out there that you can obtain something for roughly the cost of a new car if you really want. A dentist I used to go to had a sketch of a conquistador in his office by Picasso.

You can get Bob Guccione artwork now for the price of a car wash.
 

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
20,250
Reaction score
5,355
Originally Posted by StephenHero
There are so many Picassos out there that you can obtain something for roughly the cost of a new car if you really want. A dentist I used to go to had a sketch of a conquistador in his office by Picasso.

True, but the lower priced ones are usually of questionable provenance. And, when it comes to reselling, good luck. There are widespread forgeries and fakes out there. Many are 40-60 years old and getting harder to spot.
 

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
14,193
Reaction score
1,954
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
True, but the lower priced ones are usually of questionable provenance. And, when it comes to reselling, good luck. There are widespread forgeries and fakes out there. Many are 40-60 years old and getting harder to spot.
Even ones from Sotheby's that have come up are affordable and have insured provenance. http://browse.sothebys.com/?&cat=1&e...+Art&is_past=1
 

pruppert

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Stazy
Picasso's estate is run by douche bags. They're suing the owner for stealing them. Not sure how they can make that claim seeing as how they never knew they even existed in the first place.
This. His son sounds like a greedy asshole. I don't know what recourse the estate has, being that they didn't know these pieces existed, and can only argue that Picasso giving them away seems out of character.
 

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
3,673
Reaction score
8
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
When you go to Paris, if you haven't been to the Picasso museum, be sure to pay it a visit. It is one of my favorites.
It's closed for renovations until 2012, just so you know.

The time I went I was not impressed, but I am not a Picasso fan.
 

mordecai

Immoderator
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
779
Originally Posted by pruppert
This. His son sounds like a greedy asshole. I don't know what recourse the estate has, being that they didn't know these pieces existed, and can only argue that Picasso giving them away seems out of character.
i think it sounds totally fishy that picasso would give his electrician 271 uninventoried pieces of original art.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,228
Messages
9,194,414
Members
193,104
Latest member
Telperion

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top