$25 Chambray from Target

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by petitnoblesse, Mar 19, 2010.

1. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

i love the converse burnout tees i have two of them, so comfy and adds texture to an otherwise normal shirt. I saw these at target but didn't get it but i did pick up a short sleeve cons button up that was pretty rad for only 15 bucks. I don't mind their clothes but you have to try them on because it seems like some fit different than others like the blue shirt hangs different than say the black one. Weird..

2. BB1

BB1 Senior member

why do stores always photograph their shirts with the sides tucked underneath so they look slim? why not just cut them slim in the first place?

i've seen pictures from GAP, and i think j crew doing this before, makes the shirts look like they might actually fit me

I believe a lot of the larger chain stores create deceptive photographs. Anyone remember this one from J. Crew's own web site last year?

[​IMG]

3. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

they should just make them like that. Seems to make more sense to me. If they show them as being slim you try it on and it's baggy as an old mans nut sack then i put it back on the rack. If it fit like in the picture i would have bought it. Same with department stores putting temporary darts on their displays..it annoys the piss out of me

4. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

lol ive never seen that clip pic before

always wondered why the clothing looked so fitted on the models but sucked in person

5. milosz

milosz Senior member

why do stores always photograph their shirts with the sides tucked underneath so they look slim? why not just cut them slim in the first place?
    Because the average man doesn't have the body of a clothing model.

6. Asch

Asch Senior member

^ Yup. If you get nice and fat, especially in the belly, standard cuts of clothing will fit you as slim as the pinned-back stuff on the photo models. The only time I envy those with a gut is when I notice that off-the-rack shirts tend to fit them properly [​IMG]

7. hobo_ken

hobo_ken Senior member

Saw this chambray a while ago. For the price it isn't bad, but it's no where near close to the quality/fit of other more expensive shirts. (Jcrew)

Guess you really get what you pay for. [​IMG]

8. JackM

JackM Well-Known Member

Saw this chambray a while ago. For the price it isn't bad, but it's no where near close to the quality/fit of other more expensive shirts. (Jcrew)

Guess you really get what you pay for. [​IMG]

Care to elaborate?

9. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Care to elaborate?

I was actually at Target last night and looked at this. It is not near as soft as my red J Crew Chambray or my blue Banana Republic Chambray. I don't know how it would break in, but initial comfort would be nowhere near the level of those two. Who knows? It might soften if you wash it.

10. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

lol Target thread...I tried this shirt on and it fit me pretty good. Im 5'5" 130lbs and it was damn near almost too small. Im gonna wait till its marked down to $12, Im not paying $29 for a Target shirt.

11. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

The stitching on that shirt looks cheap compared to a Ralph Lauren chambray. Exactly the reason I spend $98 on the Ralph Lauren and bypass the Converse/Sears/Wal-Mart brands of the world.

12. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

It looks not too bad, despite the nay-sayers here. For the price, you could take it to a tailor and have it properly fitted and still be at a lower cost than some fashion-label brand.

13. Listi

Listi Senior member

they should just make them like that. Seems to make more sense to me. If they show them as being slim you try it on and it's baggy as an old mans nut sack then i put it back on the rack. If it fit like in the picture i would have bought it. Same with department stores putting temporary darts on their displays..it annoys the piss out of me
    Yeah but then 90% of their customer base won't fit into it. If you made, lets say, size small fit someone like myself, you'd be looking at a 17" p2p, 16" shoulders, super high armholes, etc. and guess what, I'd be the only one who buys it. Same way I can buy slim fit 34R's at H&M on clearance for a song. @akatsuki: and at a lower quality, lesser fabrics, and without nice details that are found on the nice chambrays (selvage, pearl snaps, etc.) I'd shell out and get a N&F chambray instead, they're fitted amazingly and good quality without being INSANELY priced ($140?) not that I wear chambray.

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Hey's it's $25 guys. For that price, buy one and use it as a spare or in situations it could get dirty or stained.

15. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Hey's it's $25 guys. For that price, buy one and use it as a spare or in situations it could get dirty or stained.

For that price... You could WORK in it!