1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrd617, Apr 2, 2011.

1. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior member

It's all too easy to perpetually look for someone just a bit better...
    I've been happily married for nearly 10 years, so I never got to partake in internet dating, but I would say that this appears to be the bane of all my smart, successful, good-looking friends who internet date. They never really build a long-term relationship with anyone, because at the first sign of a disagreement, they're back casting their line in for the next fish.

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I've been happily married for nearly 10 years, so I never got to partake in internet dating, but I would say that this appears to be the bane of all my smart, successful, good-looking friends who internet date. They never really build a long-term relationship with anyone, because at the first sign of a disagreement, they're back casting their line in for the next fish.

I'm too new to it to really comment extensively. I think it's a potential problem, but there are a couple ways it's counteracted:

1) eventually some of those people will come full-circle and realize that hey, if they just cut and run at the first bump in the road, they'll never get anywhere (assuming that based on your own age, what they're looking for is a LTR/marriage). It's a new way of doing things so with experience, as in all other things, you start to see what you're doing right and wrong.

2) It's a tedious process. Do you really want to ditch someone that's 95% what you want? Ultimately, if they don't get sick of it, they realize this because even if you're meeting 3-4 people a week, it takes a long time to find someone you have real compatibility/chemistry with. It took an attractive female friend of mine 2 years and I also have another friend (attractive and sweet) that met her spouse through a site.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I would be curious if you do the online dating thing long enough if some random woman will recognize you from it on the street. I could see that happening in some smaller cities. Hell, I took a look at one of these sites a while back and found two girls I know had profiles.

4. NORE

NORE Senior member

she seemed overly excited to begin with. She may be scaling things back a bit to give the impression that she isnt too easy. Atleast I hope this is the case. I dont like a girl that doesnt allow me to chase her

This

5. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Also, it's not the first time she canceled. Before the first date, she called in 2 hours before saying she was too "hungover" from the night before. But as I said, everything eventually worked out of the first date. (Rescheduled to the next day)

She's getting dicked down by her first choice. You were just back up in case first choice didn't work out.

6. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Chick:

Hey I gotta cancel...blah blah blah.

Theoretical jrd:

no response

Theoretical jrd to second chick:

"Hey girl hey"

Second chick:

Hey JRD,you're practically a myth these days, lets get a drink.

done