• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
And she also ditched you last minute and is not being communicative. You didn't want to sound like Conne but you sure are. Forget about her and let her make the next contact. If she asks you out, don't take the first date/time offered and show up 10 minutes late.
The way I'm looking at it, I have one piece of ammo left that I will get mid week. (What Ter and Boston Tweed said). Past that, she's going to have to reach out on her own. Oh and no doubt I will be showing up late if there is another date. Would be cathartic.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Another thing to consider. Here's where the plot thickens. She cross posts on Facebook/Twitter, where she posts a ton of work related stuff (does PR stuff for politicians). In a way, that supports the workaholic theory. However, she (quite stupidly) has the same usernname on a dating site, which comes up in Google. Which makes me think she's not interested and could be seeing someone else.
If you met her on the internet she's definitely dating someone else, or multiple people right now assuming she's even somewhat attractive. It's not like she's gonna stop dating other people because you had one date. Even if she liked you she would continue in that behavior until it was clear to her that you weren't gonna run off for something better, because if you're attractive she knows you're seeing multiple women too. This is a potential problem with internet dating. It's all too easy to perpetually look for someone just a bit better... Can people see who's looking at their facebook/twitter and how often? I'd stop that **** ASAP. You don't want to seem like an e-stalker... FYI, being a workaholic doesn't preclude them being organized and able to show up for a date on time. I'm a workaholic and I do. I've also been dating almost nothing but professional women lately, and sometimes they might be a few minutes late or get caught-up leaving the office or something (happens to me too), but cancelling 2hrs in advance isn't cool and shouldn't be tolerated if it becomes any sort of pattern (which to me would be more than once at such an early stage). Chick sounds like a flake, honestly.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Can people see who's looking at their facebook/twitter and how often? I'd stop that **** ASAP. You don't want to seem like an e-stalker...
Don't believe so. I'm covered here.
Chick sounds like a flake, honestly.
Myriad of types of answers here, but now I'm leaning towards this idea.
god dating is such bullshit
So true. A couple weekends hanging out in bars can lead absolutely no where.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
she fuckin anotha du

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let her make the next move, she flaked out at the last minute, she can do the heavy lifting in rescheduling. I work in PR too, if my day gets out of control and I have to cancel a planned date I call and re-schedule over the phone explaining why, never email or text. It is just good manners, something you don't see much anymore.

In the meantime get busy with work and/or play, if you meet another woman who is smarter, prettier, funnier and more grounded, outplace the first one.

juliank

Reaction score
she flaked twice BEFORE SEX and this needs a thread ? lol.

when she flaked the SECOND time and gave you some bs excuse that's where you should have NOT responded to her excuse and simply deleted her number. if she was interested she would re-initiate.

i dont think you guys understand that when women want to be with a man, they make every effort to be with THAT MAN. when they are making no effort and even worse flaking TWICE when there hasn't even been sex involved, they frankly dont really care. srsly.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stalk her and chop her body up in her own bathtub, imo.

lol, serious response...julianks exactly right..its not science. People are ******* idiots and like to play games. In fact this thread is completely misleading because there NEVER was a 2nd date..jesus

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliank
she flaked twice BEFORE SEX and this needs a thread ? lol.

when she flaked the SECOND time and gave you some bs excuse that's where you should have NOT responded to her excuse and simply deleted her number. if she was interested she would re-initiate.

i dont think you guys understand that when women want to be with a man, they make every effort to be with THAT MAN. when they are making no effort and even worse flaking TWICE when there hasn't even been sex involved, they frankly dont really care. srsly.

I think that is teachable moment here that most men don't get.

juliette2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
Run far, far away. Cancelled the first date due to being hung over? Cancelled second date at the last minute? Talk about flaky as ****. Even if she's not trying to be, absolutely awful manners imo. Total lack of respect.

^ This.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
if you want her then put up with a little of this **** just to see where it goes. Be as accomodating to arrange date 3 but make it clear that you while you understand, you don't like being messed around and she sure as hell better make it to the 3rd one.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best reply to a chick that blows you off at the last minute is

"No biggie at all, I'll ask somebody else. However, I do need to make a call right now, so lets talk soon"

Don't make any of the above sound like a threat or put any energy into the meaning. Just say it in a cheery, matter of factly way. It'll make her crazy. You've telegraphed that you've got options and this will broadside her. Don't be surprised if she changes her tune right then and there. Those magic words play directly on the natural competitive nature between women. It'll make her nuts that she has competition - even though that competition is with her imagination.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
The best reply to a chick that blows you off at the last minute is

"No biggie at all, I'll ask somebody else. However, I do need to make a call right now, so lets talk soon"

Don't make any of the above sound like a threat or put any energy into the meaning. Just say it in a cheery, matter of factly way. It'll make her crazy. You've telegraphed that you've got options and this will broadside her. Don't be surprised if she changes her tune right then and there. Those magic words play directly on the natural competitive nature between women. It'll make her nuts that she has competition - even though that competition is with her imagination.

Sounds contrived and petty.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
if you want her then put up with a little of this **** just to see where it goes. Be as accomodating to arrange date 3 but make it clear that you while you understand, you don't like being messed around and she sure as hell better make it to the 3rd one.
Disagree but everyone has to make their own mistakes with women before they learn. As you get a bit older you realize that no ***** is worth putting up with that ****, no matter how hot the girl. Having to lay down the law before date #3 isn't exactly setting yourself up for a rewarding relationship... Besides which, if you lecture a woman about punctuality before date 3, chances of you seeing her again are pretty much nil anyway, even if she was totally in the wrong.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hmf, is that why I never make it to date three? Lol.

OP, if you're picky and you really like this one than I say suck it up. If you date a lot and aren't too picky then just move on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads