21st century women can be difficult

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SirGrotius, May 7, 2011.

1. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

In many ways that is the problem when one partner works outside the home and one stays home. The working outside the home partner can calls in sick, gets vacation and has time away from their job. The one who stays at home does not have such luxuries.

Non sequitur.

If the OP stays at home for a day he can see exactly how her time is being spent and determine if she really doesn't have time to get everything done, or if she's just taking advantage of the situation.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sounds like a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. I mean that in a good way.

Sometimes that show hits a little too close to home if you know what I mean...

3. Carlisle Blues

Carlisle Blues Senior member

Non sequitur.
    Nonsense
    Oh sure one day will tell many tales that the husband could never see by leaving in the morning and coming back at night....[​IMG] If the man wants to spy on his wife he can get a nanny cam and place one in each room ....[​IMG]

4. landshark

landshark Senior member

I find the "women are irrational, delicate flowers that must be managed by their men" brand of chauvinism that's rearing its head in this thread to be profoundly disturbing.

The truth can be difficult to handle.

5. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

If OP stays in the current situation he's her slave. If he gets divorced, he's her slave. Even if the divorce is due to his wife cheating or otherwise just being a complete bitch, he's still her slave. She literally has all the bargaining chips, he has none, and she knows this.

His only real chance is to try to plead with her to start pulling her own weight in the relationship, but with zero reason or motivation why would she ever change? Divorce seems unavoidable, but I guess the good news is that living in a small studio and jerking it into a sock every night actually sounds like an improvement.

6. xchen

xchen Senior member

If OP stays in the current situation he's her slave. If he gets divorced, he's her slave. Even if the divorce is due to his wife cheating or otherwise just being a complete bitch, he's still her slave. She literally has all the bargaining chips, he has none, and she knows this.

His only real chance is to try to plead with her to start pulling her own weight in the relationship, but with zero reason or motivation why would she ever change? Divorce seems unavoidable, but I guess the good news is that living in a small studio and jerking it into a sock every night actually sounds like an improvement.

I suppose he could try manning the F up.

7. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I suppose he could try manning the F up.

Which would result in divorce and financial ruin (see above).

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

I agree.

Happens on this forum quite a bit

It is quite common, and I think that's unfortunate. I've complained about it before, but I suppose it's a problem that's hard to moderate. I think sometimes the line between "boys being boys" and mysogyny can be hard to draw.

The truth can be difficult to handle.

[​IMG]

9. BlackShoes

BlackShoes Senior member

Women are ruled by their emotions. All women's behavior is unreasonable. A man doesn't take women's words seriously. Rather, a man is patient and caring toward his woman, while he does what's necessary for the family as a whole. Once a man enters into a relationship, the "I" is gone. From that point, the man must think in terms of "us" -- or else he is the cause of a bad relationship/divorce/recrimination.

Do you have anything coherent to add, or are going to continue shitting the (sparse) contents of your mind directly into the intertubes? The particular brand of slavery and capitulation you seem to advocate is not only disgusting but also pathetic.

To put it in terms you may understand, the OP might say, "Only one of us is doing their fair share around here."

10. cross22

cross22 Senior member

Which would result in divorce and financial ruin (see above).
    They have a pre-nup, pay attention.

11. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

They have a pre-nup, pay attention.

He'd still be paying a shitload of money for a long time.

12. BlackShoes

BlackShoes Senior member

Pre-nups are taken into consideration (not strictly adhered to), but completely ignored when children arrive, at least in the UK, I am not sure how binding they are in US courts.

13. austerlitz

austerlitz Senior member

she will still get him for 15% minimum (in NY its 17%), for child support..... And since she doesnt work, her criminal in a suit{lawyer} will definitely get him for more.

Pre-nups are taken into consideration (not strictly adhered to), but completely ignored when children arrive, at least in the UK, I am not sure how binding they are in US courts.

14. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    she will still get him for 15% minimum (in NY its 17%), for child support.....
    Fuck. I pay over 25% of my gross in child support. For one child.

15. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member