• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

21st century women can be difficult

Thrifter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carlisle Blues
In many ways that is the problem when one partner works outside the home and one stays home. The working outside the home partner can calls in sick, gets vacation and has time away from their job. The one who stays at home does not have such luxuries.

Non sequitur.

If the OP stays at home for a day he can see exactly how her time is being spent and determine if she really doesn't have time to get everything done, or if she's just taking advantage of the situation.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Sounds like a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. I mean that in a good way.

Sometimes that show hits a little too close to home if you know what I mean...

Carlisle Blues

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thrifter
Non sequitur.
Nonsense
If the OP stays at home for a day he can see exactly how her time is being spent and determine if she really doesn't have time to get everything done, or if she's just taking advantage of the situation
Oh sure one day will tell many tales that the husband could never see by leaving in the morning and coming back at night....
eh.gif
If the man wants to spy on his wife he can get a nanny cam and place one in each room ....
ffffuuuu.gif

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I find the "women are irrational, delicate flowers that must be managed by their men" brand of chauvinism that's rearing its head in this thread to be profoundly disturbing.

The truth can be difficult to handle.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If OP stays in the current situation he's her slave. If he gets divorced, he's her slave. Even if the divorce is due to his wife cheating or otherwise just being a complete *****, he's still her slave. She literally has all the bargaining chips, he has none, and she knows this.

His only real chance is to try to plead with her to start pulling her own weight in the relationship, but with zero reason or motivation why would she ever change? Divorce seems unavoidable, but I guess the good news is that living in a small studio and jerking it into a sock every night actually sounds like an improvement.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
If OP stays in the current situation he's her slave. If he gets divorced, he's her slave. Even if the divorce is due to his wife cheating or otherwise just being a complete *****, he's still her slave. She literally has all the bargaining chips, he has none, and she knows this.

His only real chance is to try to plead with her to start pulling her own weight in the relationship, but with zero reason or motivation why would she ever change? Divorce seems unavoidable, but I guess the good news is that living in a small studio and jerking it into a sock every night actually sounds like an improvement.

I suppose he could try manning the F up.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I suppose he could try manning the F up.

Which would result in divorce and financial ruin (see above).

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
I agree.

Happens on this forum quite a bit

It is quite common, and I think that's unfortunate. I've complained about it before, but I suppose it's a problem that's hard to moderate. I think sometimes the line between "boys being boys" and mysogyny can be hard to draw.

Originally Posted by landshark
The truth can be difficult to handle.

rolleyes.gif

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
Women are ruled by their emotions. All women's behavior is unreasonable. A man doesn't take women's words seriously. Rather, a man is patient and caring toward his woman, while he does what's necessary for the family as a whole. Once a man enters into a relationship, the "I" is gone. From that point, the man must think in terms of "us" -- or else he is the cause of a bad relationship/divorce/recrimination.

Do you have anything coherent to add, or are going to continue ******** the (sparse) contents of your mind directly into the intertubes? The particular brand of slavery and capitulation you seem to advocate is not only disgusting but also pathetic.

To put it in terms you may understand, the OP might say, "Only one of us is doing their fair share around here."

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Which would result in divorce and financial ruin (see above).
They have a pre-nup, pay attention.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cross22
They have a pre-nup, pay attention.

He'd still be paying a shitload of money for a long time.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Pre-nups are taken into consideration (not strictly adhered to), but completely ignored when children arrive, at least in the UK, I am not sure how binding they are in US courts.

austerlitz

Reaction score
she will still get him for 15% minimum (in NY its 17%), for child support..... And since she doesnt work, her criminal in a suit{lawyer} will definitely get him for more.

Originally Posted by BlackShoes
Pre-nups are taken into consideration (not strictly adhered to), but completely ignored when children arrive, at least in the UK, I am not sure how binding they are in US courts.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by austerlitz
she will still get him for 15% minimum (in NY its 17%), for child support.....
****. I pay over 25% of my gross in child support. For one child.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads