21st century women can be difficult

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SirGrotius, May 7, 2011.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Fuck.
    I pay over 25% of my gross in child support. For one child.

Aren't you ashamed that you contribute money for your kid, its almost like it was your kid or something (not directed at you but at the other morons in the thread).

2. nootje

nootje Senior member

Aren't you ashamed that you contribute money for your kid, its almost like it was your kid or something (not directed at you but at the other morons in the thread).

fwiw, I would gladly pay for any kids I will have if the situation as such occurs. However, reality has it here that even though I would pay for my kids to be fed, clothed and go to school and otherwise to keep their previous status in life, the ex wife still has the power to keep that money for herself. Which in effect will leave me in the weekends paying for new clothes and other stuff for the kids still. Furthermore, if she wants to she can spread a rumor about something inapropriate done by me, and I would never see my kids again, there are numerous cases here where basic fact finding wasnt even done on this as the argument of the vindictive ex was taken for truth without question.

(simple example, a good friend of mine pays a lot of alimoney for his ex and his two kids. She however is to preoccupied with other stuff so the kids end up regularly staying the whole week at his place. He cant get full custody of his kids, and as such cant stop the flow of alimoney for his kids to his ex. So in the end he pays twice for them without being able to alter the situation. )

If I were to try all that stuff in reverse I would get nowhere. (perhaps the inapropriate use of alimoney would be possible).

All im arguing for is that women today have/strive for a mindset of equality to men, yet the law still disproportionately protects them when a marriage goes awry. Imho this should be rectified and both parties should get equal treatment in a divorce court.

3. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Fuck. I pay over 25% of my gross in child support. For one child.
    In the case of child support, can you control how that money is spent? I'm far from marriage, but would have no issue ensuring that my kids had everything they needed in a divorce. However, if my hypotheticalWife™ was spending any portion of child support on herself, then I'd go ballistic. Another point (not to you Rube)- how hard is taking care of the house and doing laundry? Every time I hear laundry brought up as a hard task I have to wonder. I'm probably pretty high maintenance, but even then, laundry is a once a week thing that I can accomplish watching TV on a Sunday in a couple of hours. I'm pretty sure that even with a baby, doing laundry for a stay at home wife can't be unfathomably hard. Also, how hard is cleaning the house? Again, even with a baby, how much of a mess can they make that if you had an extra 10 hours in your day, 5 days a week, you couldn't find time to clean it? I'll give credit where credit is due in actually raising the baby itself. It just seems like both sexes use these things as a crutch to let themselves go. Of my friends that are married with babies (I'm 28), I see two divergent paths. One is where the couple splits the now increased workload, gets help as needed, still exercise, still eat well, and still remain socially adjusted. The second group has given up on most of these things pinning it on the difficulty of having children. I imagine raising children is very hard, but it seems to me some men and women are just waiting for either marriage or children to throw in the towel on their self-respect.

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

I always wonder why some men get personally offended when seeing first-hand the realities of bubbly silly on the first = crying that she feels fat and ugly on the fifteenth, couldn't climax last night = bitch straight outta hell today, and so forth. Men who want freedom from this...don't rate highly among other men. ...
    I get personally offended every time I encounter bigotry. Also, don't blame the entirety of womenkind for the fact that the women with whom you wake up awaken frustrated because their partner left them unsatisfied. If other men dislike me because I refuse to treat women as some inferior slave class, they are welcome to do so. After all, men who engage in such behavior don't rate highly with me, either. Indeed, disapproval from men like you is a sign I'm in the right; from the ignorant I'd prefer contempt, not adulation.

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    In the case of child support, can you control how that money is spent? I'm far from marriage, but would have no issue ensuring that my kids had everything they needed in a divorce. However, if my hypotheticalWifeâ„¢ was spending any portion of child support on herself, then I'd go ballistic.

First, I gladly write my child support check every month. Just because her parents couldn't make their marriage work is no reason for RubeBabeIVâ„¢ to be short-changed financially. My comment about the percentages was that my "conservative" state seems to be on the high range of required contribution.

Second, no, I have no control over what the RubeExâ„¢ does with the money. I write the check to the State of North Dakota and they deposit it into some sort of account the RubeExâ„¢ accesses via a debit card or something. In addition to my monthly check, I pay half of RubeBabeIVâ„¢ medical bills, braces, etc. I also kick in when there are extraordinary expenses for school, field trips, special clothing requirements and that sort of thing.

I know full well that RubeExâ„¢ spends some of the $$$ on herself, but there is nothing I can do about that. Hence, I don't think about it as it only leads to frustration and wasted bandwidth.

6. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

First, I gladly write my child support check every month. Just because her parents couldn't make their marriage work is no reason for RubeBabeIVâ„¢ to be short-changed financially. My comment about the percentages was that my "conservative" state seems to be on the high range of required contribution.

Second, no, I have no control over what the RubeExâ„¢ does with the money. I write the check to the State of North Dakota and they deposit it into some sort of account the RubeExâ„¢ accesses via a debit card or something. In addition to my monthly check, I pay half of RubeBabeIVâ„¢ medical bills, braces, etc. I also kick in when there are extraordinary expenses for school, field trips, special clothing requirements and that sort of thing.

I know full well that RubeExâ„¢ spends some of the $$$ on herself, but there is nothing I can do about that. Hence, I don't think about it as it only leads to frustration and wasted bandwidth.

I would totally put the money I thought the kid would need for living/school/college in a trust that only she can access and then jump the country so the old broad couldn't use my money to get her nails did.

Only half kidding.

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

In the case of child support, can you control how that money is spent? I'm far from marriage, but would have no issue ensuring that my kids had everything they needed in a divorce. However, if my hypotheticalWifeâ„¢ was spending any portion of child support on herself, then I'd go ballistic.

She can and will spend the money on herself. No ex-wife will ever set up some separate account for the kids. And they will not hesitate to hit the ex-husband up for any and all unusual expenses. And the ex-husband will see the kids when she says it's ok, custody order be damned. And there is nothing anyone anywhere can do about it.

And we wonder why people don't get married anymore.

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I would totally put the money I thought the kid would need for living/school/college in a trust that only she can access and then jump the country so the old broad couldn't use my money to get her nails did.

Only half kidding.

Failure to pay child support has some interesting new repercussions: your driver's license can be suspended, any tax refunds you have coming can be captured, your passport can be revoked.

9. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

^Also the courts can still punish you if you are unemployed. The courts will also probably not lower your payments if you cut back your hours or take a lower paying job even if you do so to spend more time with your children.

10. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

She can and will spend the money on herself. No ex-wife will ever set up some separate account for the kids. And they will not hesitate to hit the ex-husband up for any and all unusual expenses. And the ex-husband will see the kids when she says it's ok, custody order be damned. And there is nothing anyone anywhere can do about it.

And we wonder why people don't get married anymore.

I guess that this sort of thing happens on a forum without women, but there are a lot of shitty husbands and fathers out there, and a lot of good mothers and wives.

11. nootje

nootje Senior member

I guess that this sort of thing happens on a forum without women, but there are a lot of shitty husbands and fathers out there, and a lot of good mothers and wives.

there are, and id be the last to deny it. Part of the problem is however that divorce law can be abused by one of the sexes against the other.

fwiw, my parents both divorced twice (family hobby it seems) and all those times the settlements were agreeable for both parties. So i do know that a divorce can work out allright.

12. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Failure to pay child support has some interesting new repercussions: your driver's license can be suspended, any tax refunds you have coming can be captured, your passport can be revoked.

Only half kidding.

[​IMG]

13. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I'd go so far as to say many more shitty dads than shitty moms.

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I'd go so far as to say many more shitty dads than shitty moms.

You'd probably be wrong.

15. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

You'd probably be wrong.

irresponsible?