21 year old, needing advice on how to dress my age

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jakmat, Jan 3, 2010.

1. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Senior member

^^ WTF is that?

Standing to my right? That's a black fellow. You've never met any before?

2. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

No, I meant WTF is that white dude wearing? It looks like J Crew and PRL's clearance section threw up all over him. He is being ironic I take it. Gonna put my Ray Bans on in doors now thanks.

3. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Senior member

No brah, that would be me.

The jacket's vintage J. Press, and Ralph's slim oxfords never go on sale. The sunglasses are Persol. Country Club themed social, so the whole thing was intentionally a bit over-the-top.

4. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

I'm 21 as well and have the same question [​IMG] .

Seriously, wear what you want and if necessary wear what you required/expected to wear.

5. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Senior member

I'm 21 as well and have the same question [​IMG] .

Seriously, wear what you want and if necessary wear what you required/expected to wear.

Cravate always kills it.

6. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

No brah, that would be me. The jacket's vintage J. Press, and Ralph's slim oxfords never go on sale. The sunglasses are Persol. Country Club themed social, so the whole thing was intentionally a bit over-the-top.
    OK makes sense. Are you advocating that the 21 year old noobs get the loudest trad shit they can find and sport it like champs? I can get behind that I suppose. My summer uniform is going to be OCBD, khakis, white suede longwings and cravat or bowtie.

7. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Senior member

OK makes sense. Are you advocating that the 21 year old noobs get the loudest trad shit they can find and sport it like champs? I can get behind that I suppose.

Yeah, basically.

[​IMG]

My summer uniform is going to be OCBD, khakis, white suede longwings and cravat or bowtie.
    Nice.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

RyJ Maduro, I threw up in my mouth a little, while crying for your soul. Your outfit screams 'I love the death penalty, let me talk to you about that after I finish this Bud Light in a can coolie' .... you are the antithesis of swagger.

9. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

RyJ Maduro, I threw up in my mouth a little, while crying for your soul. Your outfit screams 'I love the death penalty, let me talk to you about that after I finish this Bud Light in a can coolie' .... you are the antithesis of swagger.

I think he is being ironic in those photos. That was my initial reaction too but he's just trolling.

10. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Senior member

It's a National Bohemian, actually. From the Land of Pleasant Living.

And it's called a "coozie," you Philistine. "Impolite" is an appropriate nom de guerre for you, sir; even more so since you didn't even manage to spell the word correctly.

11. Clemson

Clemson Senior member

+1 Those pants look ridiculous.

12. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Senior member

+1 Those pants look ridiculous.

I prefer "festive."

13. impolyt_one

'Hey, hold my can coozie while I go take an ironic snap with that dark fellow over there, I can't lose this photo moment bro, I am wearing a pastel madras bowtie in December bro'

'hey, corny semi and/or questionably white girl, come pose in my well-framed digital photo, and make sure to give emphasis to the little embroidered rollerskates on my pants'

'what the fuck? are you kidding? of course I wear pajamas to bed, and of course they have little embroidered lobsters on them. I paid $36 at the RL outlet for them, bitch!'

14. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Senior member

'Hey, hold my can coozie while I go take an ironic snap with that dark fellow over there, I can't lose this photo moment bro, I am wearing a pastel madras bowtie in December bro'

'hey, corny semi and/or questionably white girl, come pose in my well-framed digital photo, and make sure to give emphasis to the little embroidered rollerskates on my pants'

The "dark fellow" is a brother, and the "questionable white girl" is pretty cute in person, and found the christmas tree-on-truck-rooftop motif to be entertaining. Her Uggs are certainly questionable, anyhow.

Sorry if I interrupted your "let's dress like steel workers at the Homestead Strike" theak. [​IMG]

15. impolyt_one

I'd rather die and be buried in head to toe early decade Raf Simons than to be caught dead wearing anything you've worn in your pictures