• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2022 Onward - General Travel Questions

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading to France for a week on Sunday. Any tips for Avignon? I will be there for 3 nights after a cycling tour got cancelled, so interested in any tips for the town - maybe a day trip a winery.

I have not been to Avignon for .... a long time, but I remember Les Baux being a lovely village to visit.

87a0101a-91cb-4931-827d-a40faaf23ab8_text.gif
eurotrip-hotel.gif

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May have to do Chicago to Perth in a few weeks. Have two ways to do it:
  1. to SFO/LAX, then Sydney, then Perth. On AA/Qantas.
  2. to Doha, then an overnight layover, then straight to Perth. On Qatar Air.
Would be economy either way, so I'm in for a world of pain regardless. Any thoughts as to lesser evil? I'm tall and seeing that the AA/Qantas seats have a bit more legroom. But with general chaos in the travel world all those transfers make me nervous. Have never flown Qatar so don't know what to expect there.
As I sit here eating sushi, the muted tv listed the airline rankings for this year.
#1?

Qatar Airlines.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were considering doing a crewed yacht charter in the Virgins or Windwards this Christmas -- forget it, all the good boats are booked.

Think we might risk the weather and go to Koh Samui.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So back from my Avignon and Nice trip. Overall the flights were pain free - I did somehow select a connecting flight through JFK with a 6 hour layover. Really don't know why probably price related. Fortunately the Delta lounge let me in despite having no status.

Avignon Highlights: Palais de Papes, wine festivals in July, Les Halles (in door market with excellent produce and charming little restaurants), Tapis Rouge (wine store with impressive charcuterie boards and a small bar you can sample select wines by the glass or whole bottles for sale).

Nice Highlights - Hiking up to the Jewish Cemetery (It's referred to as Israelite) and Colline de Chateu for expansive views of the beaches and city, Le Shapko bar - mostly tourists but lively venue with good live music, Elisabeth Bar - utterly non descript bar arguably past its prime in the middle of a touristy area but had a lot of fun chatting with the Polish owner by the same name as she shares stories and pictures from decades ago. Perhaps too much fun because I spent an ongodly amount of money and time there.

Will post pictures in the next few days.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Air fare gouging is pretty ridiculous right now. $1500 a seat to Oahu in economy for the Thanksgiving week. Week before or week after, $350.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Air fare gouging is pretty ridiculous right now. $1500 a seat to Oahu in economy for the Thanksgiving week. Week before or week after, $350.

That's terrible. I reserved Hawaiian Prem Econ to Maui for November back in May for like....$450 / seat roundtrip.

What shoes do you wear when in Hawaii?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First flight on a 737-MAX since the crashes and FAA grounding. I hope they fixed the damn thing.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ You do not wear shoes in Hawaii unless you’re hiking, or exercising on land. Slaps (slippas) pretty much all the time.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zed's thread's dead, baby, but I'll ask anyway. Best hotel in Honolulu?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Paris and Milan in March. Any recommendations for Milan to eat at? I'll be staying near Piazza Del Duomo.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm going to Paris and Milan in March. Any recommendations for Milan to eat at? I'll be staying near Piazza Del Duomo.

I unfortunately have not been to Milan. I know. ******* peasant here.

Going to Osaka / Kyoto / Taipei next month. Any shopping recos?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been there since I lived there for a year when I was 18.
Having said that, Royal Hawaiian baby! The Pink Palace.
I use to sleep on the beach out front every day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics