• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2022 50 Book Challenge

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some to add from before (I will get to it soon), but I haven't read a book for over a week, which is really weird for me!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
25. Hatching Twitter: A True Story of Money, Power, Friendship, and Betrayal, by Nick Bilton

A look at the early history of Twitter from the very beginning through Jack Dorsey’s triumphant return to the company in 2011.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
26. Gumption: Relighting The Torch of Freedom with America’s Greatest Troublemakers, by Nick Offerman

A collection of essays about 21 different great (to Offerman, at least) Americans, ranging from George Washington to Conan O’Brian. Some are friends of the author, some are his heroes and mentors, and some are people who steered the country.

A thoroughly enjoyable read, especially since Offerman and I have similar taste in music and comedy.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
26 - A Sand County Almanac, Aldo Leopold

“There are some who can live without wild things, and some who cannot. These essays are the delights and dilemmas of one who cannot.”

I’ve read this book piecemeal at least 5 times, but this time I read it cover to cover again. The meat is really the land and ecology philosophy contained in the final 4 essays, but the sketches in the beginning of the book are outstanding in their own right. It’s amazing how relevant it still is nearly 75 years after it was written.

This is on a short list of books that I would recommend everyone read.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
26 - A Sand County Almanac, Aldo Leopold

“There are some who can live without wild things, and some who cannot. These essays are the delights and dilemmas of one who cannot.”

I’ve read this book piecemeal at least 5 times, but this time I read it cover to cover again. The meat is really the land and ecology philosophy contained in the final 4 essays, but the sketches in the beginning of the book are outstanding in their own right. It’s amazing how relevant it still is nearly 75 years after it was written.

This is on a short list of books that I would recommend everyone read.

I read that as required reading for a college class years ago, and reread it last year (maybe 2020, time has no meaning any longer)…

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27. This Is Your Mind On Plants, by Michael Pollan

Opium, caffeine, and mescaline all come from plants. Pollan explores the cultural origins of how each is controlled (or not) by the government, as well as diving into how each affects users.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
28. Nathan Coulter, by Wendell Berry

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
17. Finlay Donovan Is Killing It, by Elle Cosimano
Finlay Donovan is a divorced mother of two and a not very successful murder mystery writer. Until one day, while meeting with her agent to discuss the plot, a woman nearby overhears the conversation, but really misunderstands and then tries to hire Donovan to kill her husband. Things get complicated and then are problems with her ex-husband, his new girlfriend, a hot bartender, a hot cop, and the Russian mafia.

Lightweight, not bad. There's a second book out already and a third on the way, so I'm guessing others are more enthusiastic.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing others are more enthusiastic.
Never confuse enthusiasm for taste

God I realize I owe you.guys like 20 book write ups. Argh

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
18. Ashes Of The Sun, by Django Wexler
Book 2 in the Burningblade and Silvereye series. I wasn't too enthusiastic about starting this one, since I didn't really get into the first book, but it was better than I expected. Some of the character development and world building stuff that I didn't enjoy is now out of the way, allowing the story to get on with it, the "it" being saving the world from destruction by pure evil, like usual in this type of book. I'm still not loving it, but at least I'm interested in seeing how it all wraps up when the third book eventually gets published.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
29. Beyond Good and Evil, by Friedrich Nietzsche

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus really? have you read it before? or first time?

First time. I’ve just been going through “classics” available for free on Audible. It put my son right to sleep when we went out to pick dinner up earlier.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brother and I have an annual net going for who reads the most books each year. Audio books never count. It’s not reading.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads