1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

2017 MLB Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Distinguished Member

ha. yeah.

so the yankees and Os are for sure getting a wild card spot since the rays and angels are 4 games back. oakland can still lose out on it if they lose all 3 to the rangers and either the angels and rays win all 3. the playoff picture is pretty much set, it's just what team is playing the wild card games.

2. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

Magic Number for the Tigers: ONE

Yesterday, another painful one run victory. It seems this has been a season of either one run victories or one run losses.

3. bdeuce22

The offense was disappointing against the worst staff in baseball, however, I'm betting no team wants any part of the the tigers in a short series. Our rotation is set. Sanchez has been really good over the last month. Hopefully Max is healthy.

How does the wild card work AFTER the play in game? Does the rule still exist where two teams from the same division can't play each in the divisional series?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

4. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior Member

Well this could be the day clarinetplayer. Best wishes, I have come to appreciate your pain these last few weeks hope it ends well for you.

5. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

ORIOLES

:bounce2:

6. bdeuce22

Does anyone else feel like the 2-3 game format in the divisional series is a bit whack.

I'll take Verlander and Fister at home starting instead of on the road.

7. Douglas

Yes.

8. Douglas

While I like the new WC format, which makes for lots of intrigue and excitement, it is important to note the following, as posted on ESPN today at http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/29389/three-days-left-sorting-out-scenarios

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

Nats are NL East Division Champs!

10. clarinetplayer

Detroit Tigers AL Central champs for the 2nd year in a row. Whew! It has not been a pretty season. But a win is a win is a win.

There is time to rest the pitchers and rethink strategy.

The Tigers have this problem of playing at the level of their opponent. Thus, we have lost--big time--to some of the worst teams in baseball. And, we have won games some of the best. So, for the playoffs, this might be a good omen.

So glad that Porcello got his Win Number Ten. He needed a boost in his self esteem after pitching so well in previous games but not receiving any run support.

Will we see Don Kelly on the mound on Wednesday night? :D

The post game celebration was fun. Just before his interview, the TV camera caught Jim Leyland snuffing out a quick (probably illegal inside the ballpark) smoke. Leyland certainly gave an emotional interview.. A modest man.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

11. bdeuce22

Thank god it didn't come to Wednesday. I was thinking it would. They can rest Schrezer now. We can't get home field. I'd rest Fister too.

Wednesday better be a bullpen day. Valverde is due for an implosion. Lets get it out of the way now.

But really. Isn't this 2-3 format sort of wonky. Why in gods name would you want to start on the road against the aces. Weird move but it was approved by all of the owners.

12. clarinetplayer

Last night, Max said that he wants to (needs to pitch) a few innings on Wednesday as he has been inactive for so long. Probably will happen. When Papa came to the mound, last night, I just held my breath.

13. bdeuce22

Yah. I just read where he will pitch a short outing. Probably start and go 3 innings.

14. tullytra

tullytra Senior Member

Do the Tigers get home-field for the Divisional Series if they play a wild card winner since they are a Division winner, or will the wild card get it from a better record?

15. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur