• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

tullytra

Reaction score

1st place in the AL Central after a 7-1 over the White Sox--didn't think we'd make it just a few weeks ago. (O ye of little faith!) Enjoying it while it lasts.
It was on this very day, one year ago, when the Tigers took over 1st and never looked back. Can we repeat history?
Frederick Porcello pitched like a pro, today.

:nodding:

Now to get a second baseman before the deadline...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:nodding:
Now to get a second baseman before the deadline...

sounds like the Zobrist and Shields are available. Angels are in on it and possibly have more to give. I'm hopeful Turner has a good outing today and perhaps solidifies a trade for him. the Tigers should go after the both of them. Zobrist gives you an immediate upgrade at 2nd, not sure what to make of Shields to be honest. he is a head case. that move would likely take Smyly out of the picture when he comes back and relegates him to a spot start or two and long relief. if the rumor is true that the Rays want a Kendrick, Richards, and maybe another prospect, i think the Tigers could be looking at Turner, Smyly and another guy for them. I'd do that.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweep! Sweet! Especially against the Sox. Good way to start a new week.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fister. Mad Max. Verlander. Will be disappoint if we don't sweep the Tribe.

tullytra

Reaction score

so the yankees just stole Ichiro................

I'm surprised to see the Mariners deal him: seemed like a lifer. I can't find who the pitchers the Mariners got for him, but it might not be too bad. He's batting .261 and he's 38, so if the pitchers are good prospects it's a solid trade. Ichiro's getting paid $18M this year. That's a lot of money for someone of his age and productivity especially if he has more than this year on his contract (not sure if he does).

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure how i feel for Sanchez and Infante for Turner.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

YOU BET YOUR ASS THEY DID!!!! .267 average, 4 homers, and middle age here we come!

I'm surprised to see the Mariners deal him: seemed like a lifer. I can't find who the pitchers the Mariners got for him, but it might not be too bad. He's batting .261 and he's 38, so if the pitchers are good prospects it's a solid trade. Ichiro's getting paid $18M this year. That's a lot of money for someone of his age and productivity especially if he has more than this year on his contract (not sure if he does).

The Mariners are eating all but 2mil of Ichiro's deal. For 2 **** pitching prospects? I don't understand this one at all.

Let me tell you - you got ******* FLEECED.

Anibel Sanchez is going to get absolutely lit up by AL hitting.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it's a good sign that Illitch is serious about winning a World Series while he is still around to enjoy it and wants to do it soon. However, if this deal doesn't pan out this year or next, I have a feeling we may have given away too much.

Hopefully he and DD have another trick up their sleeve and I won't have to see Rayburn wearing an Old English D too much longer either.

tullytra

Reaction score

After seeing who the Mariners received, you are correct.

The Mariners are eating all but 2mil of Ichiro's deal. For 2 **** pitching prospects? I don't understand this one at all.

It seems like they're rewarding him for being with them for so long from the quotes that have come out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics