2017 MLB Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

:sigh:

2. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Attended last night's Tigers/Indians game at Comerica Park. How could the Tigers lose when they got 6 runs? When was the last time we got 6 runs? A disastrous first inning made the difference.

High points: We had great seats. Here's Quintin Berry at bat in the 2nd inning. Eventually, the place filled up nicely for a week night--about 30,000+ in attendance. Click pics for better and larger display.

[​IMG]

Quintin made some outstanding plays. He's one bright spark in a team of lackluster players. The new scoreboard is terrific. It provides much more information and is super clear.

[​IMG]

Don Kelly hit a HR. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Players injured right now: Fister, Jackson, Avila, Laird, Dirks and probably others I can't remember. This makes a huge difference. When we get our original team back, things will get better. But, by then, it will be too late. Maybe it is the curse of Brandon Inge?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^ same thing happened to me. only my team blew a 9 run lead.

i did almost break my personal MPG record driving home. i have a feeling that Boston-NYC is downhill. I always seem to crack 45mpg going home.

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Clarinet. You have some nice seats. I was a few sections to your right when JV flirted with a no no.

5. clarinetplayer

Being a glutton for punishment, I went back to Comerica Park for this afternoon's game with the Indians. And, my efforts were rewarded. A nice early lead began to shrink, and there was a big sucking sound in the ballpark. But, in the end, we won. Nice outing for the "kid", Casey Crosby. The catcher, Bryan Holaday, did a great job. He's very thin and nimble. Boesch contributed to the win. Fielder is atrocious at first base. I had great seats, just a few rows back from home plate. Gorgeous baseball weather....just as God intended. Click the pic to enlarge.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  6. clarinetplayer

Hard fought games in Cincinnati, but the Tigers take the series. It was uplifting to hear the "Let's Go Tigers!" cheer in the 8th inning last night. While the ESPN guys chat way too much, I am grateful that Joe Buck was not on the team. I'm looking forward to being at Wrigley Field on Wednesday.

7. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

They took a step forward with winning the series against a good team, especially by coming back against a guy who's been shutting people down this season. I wonder how long it'll be until Chapman is forced to perfect a second pitch. I don't recall him throwing anything but heaters in that 8th inning.

8. clarinetplayer

These close-call wins need to be followed by a sweep of the Cubs. I'm going to be at Wrigley on Wednesday.
    I was impressed by Prince Fielders crashing stretch play at first.
    As for the pitching woes: First, it was Fister. Now, it is also "blister".

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

extremely jealous of you being at Wrigley. i've been there a couple times, but never for a Tigers game. you have to great porcello on the mound. :ember:

btw, to the both of you. if you live in the Metro D area, which i assume both of you do, you guys need to try Vinsetta Garage sooner or later. shit is amazing. bring the paddles to restart your heart, but it's worth it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  10. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

I hesitate to say anything less than a sweep in a series would be a disappointment, but the Cubs are so terrible that a sweep is about the only acceptable result.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Nats keep rolling. Second-best record in MLB with a spotty offense. Can't wait until we get Storen back and Morse and Zimmerman start hitting.

12. clarinetplayer

The Tigers were so lackluster that they lost to the lowly Cubbies. Peralta's two errors cost us. Being a daddy of new born twin girls has probably resulted in little sleep. But the real culprit is our inability to mash in the runs.

I am leaving for Chicago in a couple of hours. I've got some great seats near the 3rd base line. Wrigley Field is a mess thanks to some rock concerts that were held there recently. Desecration of the Temple!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

14. clarinetplayer

Just returned home from Chicago where I attended the Wed and Thurs games with the Cubs at Wrigley Field.

Opening pitch was thrown by the conductor of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Riccardo Muti. Really cool! Click pics for larger, clearer viewing.
    [​IMG]

We had terrific seats with close views of the field. Porcello onthe mound. Rooftop bleachers across the street.
    [​IMG]

There were as many Tiger fans as there were Cubs fans. Enjoyed seeing the "Kaline" shirt. Cabrerra at bat. The noise of the Tiger fans--especially on Thursday--was deafening.
    [​IMG]

Boesch.
    [​IMG]

Enjoyed the Wrigley "experience"

• Real, live organ music. I'd love that job!
    • The quaint custom of hoisting a white flag with a blue "W" (win) up the flagpole so that folks on the train can see if their Cubbies won. These days, they don't see that flag very often.
    • BEST hot dogs in baseball
      • Wrigley Field makes me yearn for the days of old Tiger Stadium.
      • Riding the train back to the Loop with (mostly) Tiger fans
      • Seeing Tiger fans all over the city.

And then, I return home, and we lose 12-4 in the 10th inning. O Papa!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Clemens is not guilty. Meh.