2017 MLB Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Yeah, we're pretty lazy down here. Next season will be nutty, I can't wait to see how Albert handles AL pitching.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

ooooo--shhhiiiiit:

Ryan Braun snagged for PEDs... 50game suspension in the works..

3. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

^ Oh geez...hope thats not true

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

it's true. MLB used the World Anti-Doping Agency to confirm the positive result. cheater

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You know what the best part is? After his 50 games, he's going to go right back to his $150 million contract with absolutely no penalty.

Is it worth it? You bet your ass it is.

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Man, that is a punch in the gut.

7. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

The highest bid for Yu Darvish is reportedly over what was bid for Dice-K (meaning above $51MM). I'm not sold on Japanese pitchers but Darvish is big (6-5), relatively young (25), and has some of the gaudiest numbers imaginable in Japan (ERA below 1.50, WHIP below 1.00, 36 walks and 276 strikeouts). And unlike Dice-K his arm doesn't have a ton of wear already. If this guy can't make it in MLB, I don't know who can from Japan.

8. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

This was the fat fuck I was talking about:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...usations-philadelphia-baseball_n_1160902.html

9. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

O's have to be early WS contenders after the big signing of Endy Chavez.

10. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Can you believe they're talking about shopping Jones, Guthrie I can see, but damn Jones. And I'm sorry, that Bedard and Tejada trade gave us a grand total of 1 guy in return. I remember thinking that trade was going to revitalize the franchise.

11. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I believe it; I actually think they should do it.

I hoped the Bedard trade would be a big part of our future too but honestly it just didn't pan out. Such is life in MLB. But really, the O's are not close to contending with these guys. Markakis is shit since he's off the juice, Jones is good but needs better lineup protection because he can't hit a curveball. At all. B-Rob isn't bad when he isn't seeing stars. Guthrie has gotten a raw deal throwing for this club and is a valuable piece somewhere else.

It's time to blow it all up. Let them all go. Trade them for prospects, start the whole thing over with drafts. This team is no closer to .500 this year or next than they were 10 years ago. Wieters, Markakis, Roberts, Jones, Guthrie, deal 'em all.

12. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I've seen some Camden Yard shots on TV. Its pretty empty there, if you trade Markakis, Jones AND Wieters nobody is showing up. Roberts is done, but you still got the new black guy. Maybe Arrieta coming back and Matusz....maybe Tillman puts it all together. I can go through another 5 years of rebuilding. This is why the DC/(Baltimore - to a lesser extent) sucks, its because we don't have any winning sports teams. The Ravens, sure, but only the scumbags who go to the shit hole bars in Baltimore like the Ravens.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

those are some crazy ass numbers. my god. those numbers rival Pedro's numbers during that 99-2000 stretch where he was unstoppable.

i wonder how many innings he has pitched and what types of pitches he throws. i will look tonight, but maybe the rangers planned all along to let Wilson go and spend $25-30Mil more on this guy. Money wise it probably makes sense. I read where they plan to offer around 5 years - 50million, so that'd be close to a $100mil investment. instantly, they'd be one of the more popular teams in Japan ala the ichiro and matsui craze. that's probably worth a $25-30 million gamble.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Why the fuck would a japanese guy want to go to Arlington, Texas?

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

He might not. He still has to sign