• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're not watching Game 6, turn on your TV now. It's in the 11th inning. St. Louis has been down to its final strike twice, and both times has come up with the game tying hit.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is a great game 6 ya'll. its actually exciting baseball.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks like my prediction of Rangers in 6 is still on.

not. any. more. see ya tom in st looooweee

great game. walk off homer on the bottom of the 11th. great game.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I don't know how the Rangers recover from that loss.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow. I don't know how the Rangers recover from that loss.

I think they can. Its hard to come back after an emotional win too. the "let down game"...

still this is a world series for the ages. the rangers seem to still have a little too much firepower.

My favorite things to watch are when they cut to nolan ryan and the rangers GM with his pregnant wife that looks like she's about to have her water break.... i remember those games in texas where ryan would just sit there in total stress and you'd see his wife's hand come out and rub his back whenever a inning would finish.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Happy flight, Mr. Rawlings." no kidding.
Freese obliterated that ball.
Great game, great Series.

Yeah, seeing Ryan and his wife is pretty cool. Her love and faith are palpable even on TV.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrible defense by Cruz on Freese's game tying triple in the 9th. He's got to go all out to try and catch that ball.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Terrible defense by Cruz on Freese's game tying triple in the 9th. He's got to go all out to try and catch that ball.

was thinking the same thing when i saw it happen, and even more so in the replay. i dont think it was called as an error, but had he played the ball better it was catchable.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
"no doubles" defense when there is 2 outs!?!?!?! Washington's piss poor management lost this game! Rangers should have had this. My hat is off to the Cards for playing their asses off well! Cant wait for game 7!

Last edited:

csoukoulis

Reaction score

Holy ****. Absolutely riveting. That was the best baseball game I've seen in a LONG time. What was with the ripping of the jersey at home plate?

that game made my pujhol pucker several times. Sad night for rangers fans....great night for baseball fans. That was a fantastic game.

Could stand for A LOT less of Joe Buck's Cardinal nuthugging though.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some really awful managerial moves by Ron Washington. Playing the outfield at the warning track on Berkman's single, pinch hitting for the pitcher in the top of the 11th. But I'll excuse it because he's so fun to watch in the dugout.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads