1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

2017 MLB Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Distinguished Member

but will girardi let him loose. he can do it though.

totally agree. will be a big blunder if that happens. i'll feel a hell of a lot better about it if fister comes out tonight and pitches a gem though. he'd go game 5 if needed.

i'm now desperately trying to get game 3 tix with JV on the mound and maybe CC

2. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Distinguished Member

I'm pissed at the stupid-as MLB for making them start the game. I was hyped as hell for last night's tilt and it had started off pretty well.

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

Uh...what do you think forecasts are based on?

4. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Distinguished Member

gardner getting it done, nova looks great!

5. eddievddr10

dont you know????!!!!!

6. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah buddy!

Btw - I think Al Alberqurque is the best name I've heard in a LONG time.

7. eddievddr10

its actually a very common name in brazil as is teixeira

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011

8. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

The Yankees stomped all over our Tigers. But, it is just one game. Today, our blue collar pitcher is on the mound. Not pushing the panic button....yet.

9. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Distinguished Member

Massive win by the Cardinals. They battled back from four down and played fantastic baseball from the third inning on.

10. bdeuce22

hopefully whatever jitters that were in verlander's system friday are gone. you have to like their chances, if they get by this game, to close it out when the yankees need to rely on the right arm of AJ Burnett for Game 4.

11. Slopho

Slopho Distinguished Member

^ I really had high hopes for a guy named Jeremy Bonderman a few years ago. The thought of him not being part of the Tigers playoff run is kind of sad to me. Same with Robert Fick and for some reason it seems the Brandon Inge is hanging on to a MLB roster by a string.

12. bdeuce22

The Notorious I.N.G. is so shaky it's scary. we'll see him tonight versus CC. Raburn and Inge hit against lefties. Same with Magglio, but his bat is at least mildly hot.

13. guster

guster Senior Member

It is being written that the owners or at least 1 of the Red Sox owners (john Henry) wanted Franconia gone for some time. They did not offer a contract extension this summer when Sox were back from 2-10 start and had best record in baseball. That was supposed to be a big sign. Then they were supposed to have leaked to the press that his job was in jeopardy if they did not go far in playoffs. Franconia supposedly got too far away from statistical baseball managing and Henry did not like it.

Other problem is clubhouse is supposed to be a mess. Pitchers not talking to batters. Starters drinking beer in the clubhouse on their days off before games. So they are supposed to be looking for a guy that will be tougher on players. Oh yeah and be their puppet and run the club based on numbers. Good luck finding that combination.

Sox ownership is going to F up this team. 99% of the time when ownership gets too close to decision making down on the field, sports teams do poorly.

Ownership also failed to give Epstein an endorsement this weekend. That would be quite a thing if both Franconia and Epstein were gone because the team was down 4 starting pitchers for a good chunk of September and they could not beat very talented Yankee& Rays teams.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

you know i'd rather have john henry owning the team first. he's shown a willingness to spend on players AND he's a statistical genius (if you read moneyball back in 2003 henry was featured prominently in it being one of the few owners who actually leads the way in statistical analysis in baseball way back to his days with the marlins).

so if the redsox were to lose anyone that would sink the franchise? it would start with losing their current owner - john henry the statistical genius billionaire who turned the redsox into a money making machine (through the fenway group). I wouldn't care if epstein and francona are gone as long as henry is at the top with his money and savvy.

just ask any the MLB team fanbases with dipshit owners running their franchises into the ground or worst: the teams that do it on purpose just to keep a luxury tax welfare profit. - now thats some sad shit.

15. Slopho

Slopho Distinguished Member

^ Hmmm....my team sucks but I think Angelos and staff (soon to be former staff with McPhail on his way out) are trying to do the whole rebuilding through by making our minor league teams better, I don't know. I think either A or AA won something this year. I want to say AA.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011