1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

2017 MLB Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

God I hope the Phillies win. Also, that I have input on this selection.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

hahahahahahahahahaha. hahahahahahahahhahaha. oh fuck. hahahahhaahah.

3. embowafa

embowafa Distinguished Member

Wow. That's hilarious.

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

this pretty much sums up my experience with the redsox this year.

[​IMG]

Dr. Ben: Is that ok?

Louie: Yea.

[​IMG]

Dr. Ben: How about that?
    Louie: Yea, that’s alright.

[​IMG]

Dr. Ben: What about this? (begins finger fucking the ass).

[​IMG]

prologue:

at least now the sawx can let pabelbon go without remorse. no sense in spending big money on him now. they can use this latest blown save as an excuse.

i bet epstein actually does a sign and trade for ellsbury... he (with the help of team Boras) will command at least $120-$140 million... at the very least he's now a $100 million contract. you can dangle ellsubry + youkilis (actually a great contract) + prospect for king felix and the mariners have to think about it.

sadly i think the redsox will make a move for Jose Reyes :fu:. that will not end well if they get him.

I'm interested to see what the cardinals can do. They actually have the kind of playoff pitching that wins (power arms OK closer) and Albert Puljos may carry the cards.

that said i think detroit or texas wins it all.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

5. intent

intent Distinguished Member

lulz

6. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

hA! mY TWO MOST HATED TEAMS - THE SOKS AND THE BRAVOS - BOTH LOST. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.A

NOW, ITS TIME FOR THE YANKEES TO LOSE, LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO :(

7. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Distinguished Member

God, that was the by far the most satisfying 10 minutes of sports not involving my own team I have ever experienced.

8. dcg

dcg Distinguished Member

Please submit any suggestions ASAP.

9. Slopho

Slopho Distinguished Member

Wow, if you were to tell me in April that Boston wouldn't be in the playoffs I would have said, "yes, you're right, I know that have have posted as much on a website of fancy dressed dandies."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

10. dcg

dcg Distinguished Member

Reyes is such a bitch.

11. Slopho

Slopho Distinguished Member

+ 1 billon, I used to like him but what he pulled last night in inexcusable. Asking to be pulled while the game is undecided. Pathetic. Welcome to the new age athelete.

12. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Gotta love the way the O's closed the season... they actually played well in those last few games. I know the storyline is about the Sawx collapse, but the O's really hung in there and a couple of guys seemed to come of age a little. Even in the loss two days ago, O's watchers have to feel good about Adam Jones' 10 or 11 pitch AB vs. Papelbon, even if he ultimately lost the battle. That's not something 2010 Jones could have done.

At any rate, I'm enjoying this morning's feeling of Sawxenfreude. It's been so long, I don't know if this is better than actually being in the postseason. Can you imagine what it must have felt like to be a Rays fan yesterday? I guess that's kind of like saying can you imagine what it's like to be a six-legged purple unicorn, but you catch my drift.

And yeah, Reyes is a total, total bitch. Unbelievable. Someone should send him this shirt:

[​IMG]

13. guster

guster Senior Member

Theo Epstein's star has certainly gotten more cloudy. He said you can't have enough pitching and he was right. The Sox lost because of pitching in September, plain and simple. They had injuries to 2/3 of best starters and lost Dice K for season. But the guy Theo traded for (Bedard) was hurt and only had a couple starts befoire the trade. He was never quite right, missed games in Sept and put too much stress on Bullpen. They were so desperate for pitching, that they were trying to trade for Bruce Chen to pitch the potential TB playoff game. LOL.

Do they let Papelbon go? Who takes over - Bard? He lost his control Sept 1st. Lester has pitched big games and been a gamer. He went through a bad stretch pitchers go through (and pitched well yesterday on 3 days rest). But if a pitcher choked, you would have to look at Bard. He has never been tested in closer role so is he the replacement for Papelbon? Who else - Bobby Jenks!!

Really - go after Reyes? With the their top prospect only a year away? They have SS Scutaro for another year and Ellsbury for another year. Add another leadoff guy?

Epstein may go to Cubs but his signings of Crawford, Jenks, and trade for Bedard don't look so good. Now maybe ownership forced Crawford but Epstein can hardly be top GM prospect in baseball right now.

Red Sox blew it but with their pitching they were going noweher in playoffs. No way they get by Rangers, Yanks or Tigers with 2 starters and Bard going bad in pen. I just hope Red Sox tank does not take away from what Rays did. They had fantastic September and are the far better team right now for post season. That staff is great and if they can hit maybe they have a shot.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

Was funny watching the Os celebrate that walkoff like it put them in the playoffs. Probably enjoyable to shut up all the Sox fans at Camden Yards. On the highlights, Scott van Pelt did his "O's, Stroh's, and Natty Bohs, hon" thing--never figured out why you needed two beers in that chestnut. Prefer "Ain't the beer cold!"

15. guster

guster Senior Member

That TB front office is what is incredible. They continue to find great young pitching. And they will have another young stud next year. Sox have problems, Yanks are old but good farm so this looks like a TB/Yankee division for years to come. Unless the Orioles pitching takes a major step, they are a long distance from NY & TB. But they have that young pitching talent that could do it.

It must have been so great to be TB fan. It is just such a shame that they have so litte fan support