Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

2017 MLB Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

1. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Distinguished Member

Yanks are looking good, after getting slaughtered by the sawx. Hitting came around and with jeter on the DL nunez playing very well. Posada is getting hits, just need AROD and swish to start hitting well have 200 homers by the all-star break! Pitching is whats scary with only one dependable starter, maybe we make a trade for kershaw from LA, with their financial woes they probably can t re-sign him and he'll be eligible for arbitration after the season.

2. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior Member

if the dodgers don't keep kershaw i'm going on a murdering spree

3. munchausen

munchausen Distinguished Member

The Rangers are driving me nuts. They will have these awesome streaks where they are killing everyone, and then they will lose 5 straight for no apparent reason. I know they aren't alone in this but fucking a.

I guess nothing really matters until at least August. Maybe I should just stop watching until then.

4. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior Member

the AL West is a tight race. all those teams get on hot streaks then go cold for weeks.

5. munchausen

Yeah the Rangers' saving grace is that the rest of the west is even worse, but after seeing them get thoroughly obliterated by the Yankees this past week, I think winning the west is going to be a short lived victory.

But like I said, a baseball season is long and a lot of things will change between now and October.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

L West will be Mariners and Rangers to the end.
    By the middle of July at the latest, Royals and Indians will be battling for last in the division.
    Diamondbacks take NL West and Rockies finish second.

Two things I love:
    1) Day games.
    2) Being able to watch them.

7. munchausen

Two things I love:
    1) Day games.
    2) Being able to watch them.

Same here. Perks of working for yourself.

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

jeremy remy redsox announcer when the brewers SS lets a ball through:

"luongo lets one through"

"I wonder what the Sardine twins are doing right now?" (actually it was moar like: "wond-a wat da SAh-dine twins arh doing right now).

9. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

^^^

I'd rahthah get in foight about aftah shaaaave or something.

10. acularw

acularw Senior Member

Twinkies on a hot streak and now they have Mauer back! We just might have a shot at getting above .500 this year. Too bad the front office did such a poor job this offseason that we started with such a fking deficit.

11. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Distinguished Member

Any Mariners fans here? Things are finally looking up, after a few seasons of [​IMG] . I'm usually pretty cynical about the team's chances, but given that Ichiro and Felix have yet to play to their full capabilities, I'm thinking they will put up a pretty good battle for the AL West crown.

12. guster

guster Senior Member

Twinkies on a hot streak and now they have Mauer back! We just might have a shot at getting above .500 this year. Too bad the front office did such a poor job this offseason that we started with such a fking deficit.

It seems like almost every year the Twins figure out a way to get into the thick of things. They overcame losing Nathan last year. For a small market club, they have been really good. This year has been really rough on Twins with all the injuries. Feels like they have been playing with their AAA team for much of the season. All those injuries and the Tigers (And White Sox eventually?)being pretty good this year may be too much for Twins. But if 1 team can claw back and surprise you....

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

Any Mariners fans here? Things are finally looking up, after a few seasons of [​IMG] .

I'm usually pretty cynical about the team's chances, but given that Ichiro and Felix have yet to play to their full capabilities, I'm thinking they will put up a pretty good battle for the AL West crown.

so with pineda's gem tonight i have to ask people who've seen him pitch.. is he for real? does it bode well for king felix that they have another home grown ace? because the mariners have never been afraid to trade franchise players DURING their prime.

whenever the bosox play the mariners there's always an inter-local sports network bit where they have locals try to pronounce town names. so they'll ask mariners fans to pronounce Gloucester Mass, and then Redsox fans pronounce Spokane ect... its usually brings out the LULz (especially when they tried to have manny ramirez try to pronounce both cities to utter failures... damn... i really miss manny).

14. soxpats

soxpats Senior Member

jeremy remy redsox announcer when the brewers SS lets a ball through:

"luongo lets one through"

"I wonder what the Sardine twins are doing right now?" (actually it was moar like: "wond-a wat da SAh-dine twins arh doing right now).

Remy is the best! Hope his health holds up as he makes watching the Sox games that much better.

15. kwiteaboy

kwiteaboy Senior Member

so with pineda's gem tonight i have to ask people who've seen him pitch.. is he for real? does it bode well for king felix that they have another home grown ace? because the mariners have never been afraid to trade franchise players DURING their prime.

whenever the bosox play the mariners there's always an inter-local sports network bit where they have locals try to pronounce town names. so they'll ask mariners fans to pronounce Gloucester Mass, and then Redsox fans pronounce Spokane ect... its usually brings out the LULz (especially when they tried to have manny ramirez try to pronounce both cities to utter failures... damn... i really miss manny).

Yup, he's for real. I don't think anyone expected him to be this good this soon, though.