2017 MLB Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I actually got to do a meet and greet with Youk in 2007.... was a medschool graduation gift from my wife. I'm not really mad at youkilis, there's no reason to be, for him signing with the yanks.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/223151/2013-mlb-season-thread/1185#post_5546086

I'm not really excited about the redsox this year... i have a strange feeling that the yankees and redsox might not even make the playoffs in 2013... things are changing in the AL East.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I am fully prepared for and expecting no postseason this year. I'm hopeful that it will provide a jolt to get young but also fearful that we may see Cano take his talents elsewhere. Should be a dramatic season if nothing else!

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

About a month away before training camp!!

4. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

Braves pick up the other Upton brother. Sad to see Prado go, but the Braves lineup and outfield is looking outstanding. Pretty excited about this move.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Hopefully you all saw the new lager colored alternate jerseys the Brewers introduced today. I hope they wear them a lot.

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Huge Braves fan here (Did not know this existed)

After that September "infield fly rule" shit, Up Up and JHey makes things a little better. Prado wanted to test free agency, sad to see him leave he was my favorite player and in a team full of inconsistency last year, he could be counted on for the clutch hit. but now that money can be put into better use if BMac comes back strong

WBC needs to hurry up and start I need some baseball

7. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

^ i am a huge braves fan also. i'm a little concerned that they won't have a leader in the club house, and they'll strike out a lot, but this news got me excited about baseball.

8. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Yeah
    BJ Upton - 169
    Justin Upton - 121
    Dan Uggla - 168
    Chris Johnson - 132
    Jason Heyward - 152
    Freeman-129

Thats a lot of K's

Though I've read from ESPN and the like that compared to last year we would see a increase of 2-3% in strikeouts. That minuscule increase could be negated by the power they have now and of course I am hoping Uggla returns to the Marlins Uggla we all know and love, even though the guy gets on base via walk consistently enough even when he is in those prolonged droughts. Leader issues aside, the team got a lot younger, a lot to be excited about. On a side note they did also receive Chris Johnson who has some pop and is 3-5 off Stephen Strasburg w/3 RBI btw and has had success against the prominent pitchers in the division. I want to see what Francisco can do to be honest, I hope they battle it out in the spring to see who takes over, I really hate to see platoons.

I hate the Nats almost as much as the Cardinals, feels like this move needed to be done to keep pace and I feel a lot more confident in this team doing some special stuff. If Prado does indeed test free agency Wren again has pulled something out of nothing.

I am also glad we kept Teheran/Graham

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

10. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

If you're in a Fantasy league just punt K's.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

A BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS ON A $90 MILLION DOLLAR LOAN!

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Loria is a god damned criminal. JFC

Miami residents should take a nice look at their new post-tax break expiry paychecks (those that have paychecks), read that article and sharpen their pitchforks

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I wonder how much of that money went towards the technicolor acid dream home run sculpture.