2017 MLB Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

1. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Ethier was gonna be a fantasy stud last year so I picked him up in all my leagues. I lay off him this year, and look how he does?!

he had a pinky injury that lingered on after he came back from it. he's legit

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

he had a pinky injury that lingered on after he came back from it. he's legit

NOW you tell me. Of course I didn't buy Baseball Prospectus this year. My own fault.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Less than a week later - another no hitter! Justin Verlander's 2nd. Fucker was hitting 100 in the 8th!

5. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

one walk away from a perfect game

amazing

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

mets should trade wright not reyes. there are 15 guys like wright at minimum and none like reyes when he is healthy. plus wright begets more since he is signed

7. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

8. dcg

dcg Senior member

^What are the odds that a grown up still brings his glove to the game?

9. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

^What are the odds that a grown up still brings his glove to the game?

+20,000. I've already vowed that if I'm every lucky enough to catch a foul ball I will look for the closest available kid to hand it off to. I just don't understand what the attaction is holding on to a ball fouled off by Scott Rolen.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^[​IMG]

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

This was nuts!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_861824.html

fake because MLB would have used their video rights Nazis to block user content for any other channel except the MLB network.

MLB baseball is so fucking stupid from blocking youtube content, because now they've lost whole generations of potential fans who might want to see what Feliz Hernandez/Justin Verlander/Tim Lincecum pitching looks like, but they have to search through the cumbersome MLB.com highlights sections.

Plus any past stars highlights are denied too.... it would be nice to see Doc Gooden pitching in the mid 1980's or what Roberto Clemente's swing looked like but now its all just imagination.

I actually purchased Pedro Martinez's 17K 1hit game in yankee stadium in 1999 from the itunes store. I have it permanently on my iphone and ipad to watch whenever i get reeeaally bored. Its funny seeing all those tight early 90's uniforms, bad hair, vintage shitty McCarver commentary, and a whole section of Dominicans in the Bleachers actually cheering their asses off with flags waving with the bleacher creatures.

13. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

^ do you remember "turn ahead the clock jerseys"? This had to be the most unimaginitive PR stunt in baseball. They had a chance to make some really cool unique jerseys, instead they just blew up the current insignia and splattered it all over the uniform.

Stupid.

Also, did you read that article about doctors injecting stem cells into Bartolo Colon's arm? They said they wanted to do Pedro Martinez first, but he declined.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^ do you remember "turn ahead the clock jerseys"? This had to be the most unimaginitive PR stunt in baseball. They had a chance to make some really cool unique jerseys, instead they just blew up the current insignia and splattered it all over the uniform. Stupid. Also, did you read that article about doctors injecting stem cells into Bartolo Colon's arm? They said they wanted to do Pedro Martinez first, but he declined.
    here's a great article from Paul Lukas with all those fantasticlally bad uniforms with tons of pics: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...8&sportCat=mlb I read it. I don't know... common sense tells me he's juicing, especially after watching on TV last night. But then again FAT/big assed power pitchers never really lose their power, just mostly control. Pedro could still get up to 93mph even with the phillies... but there was the chance his arm would tear off. He's always had the highest MPH average per 9inn. Its something insane like 92MPH average/9inn. Since he's basically been dormant for the last two years he still has life left in his FAT ass/horse legs/and power arm. I've seen stem cell infusion do really well with corneal iso-implants (where they take your own cultured stem cells). But the numbers/studies on ligaments is too small for sample size yet. I'll be watching sunday nights game. Its sad how yankee stadium priced out the lower bowls forcing previous $35 2nd deck prices to near $70. Upper deck stuff used to be $12-30 where the $30 dollar 3rd deck stuff was actually really good seats.. now? its $50-$90 "premium upper deck field box seats" its sad. normally these are hard tickets to get. I got mine by going on ticketmaster and there were easily 500 Joined seats available. before it would be around 500 seats, but all singles - thats when they still sat 55,000 in the old toilet.

15. dcg

dcg Senior member

+20,000. I've already vowed that if I'm every lucky enough to catch a foul ball I will look for the closest available kid to hand it off to. I just don't understand what the attaction is holding on to a ball fouled off by Scott Rolen.

I generally agree with you. However, a foul ball from Halladay's playoff no hitter ended up hitting the side of my hand while it was rolling around in the row behind me. I'd like to think I would have hung on to that one had I managed to grab it (though it was very early in the game).

On a completely unrelated note, why can't we have rants of this caliber anymore?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0CD...eature=related