• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 College Football Threak

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GSU gonna win 7 games.

A new strain of syphilis will wreak havoc on the UF campus.

Your mom will still suck.

Playoffs: USC, FSU, Big 10 champ, ACC runner up.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alabama made it into the playoffs, what a ******* joke...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alabama made it into the playoffs, what a ******* joke...
THe committee in 2015: XYZ matter.
The committee in 2016: Well, it's more ABC than XYZ.
The committee in 2017: Well, it's less ABC or XYZ than getting at Bama and then Ohio State in the playoffs.

I find it inconceivable that the committee members aren't judging the 2017 Alabama Crimson Tide by Nick Saban's resume at Bama. There's no way you can say playing Mercer in week 11 makes a team better than playing even an FBS-level opponent. The committee will be here for a few more years and we'll see even more perversion of the schedule process as easy-beats become the norm.

Despite all the commercial revenue (and I suppose that's really all that matters) I don't think college football has ever been more rotten at it's core than it is now. Maybe the SWC days were worse because that whole league was so corrupt but I don't know....

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes it even dumber is the fact that the SEC only plays an 8 game conference schedule while the B1G and Pac 12 each play a 9 game conference schedule and CCG. Based on that fact alone, the SEC is going to look better than it really is since the conference is going to show a better overall record for playing another cupcake.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go.

Dawgs.

:bounce2:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GSU gonna win 7 games.

A new strain of syphilis will wreak havoc on the UF campus.

Your mom will still suck.

Playoffs: USC, FSU, Big 10 champ, ACC runner up.

Three outta four ain't bad....

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go.

Dawgs.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boooooooooooooooooo.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) I'm still drunk 2) GSU isn't further consigned to irrelevancy 3) made out with a bartender last night 4) stupidly took the under before the game

So.....it was a sham

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
After Jimbo Fisher left, FSU's recruiting class has gone from being ranked in the high sixties, to now the teens, to likely a Top Ten class. Meanwhile, TAMU is middling at best. Happy to see the guy fade into obscurity.

Can't wait for spring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads