• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2016-17 College Football Season Threak

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely glad I did not turn off the TV shortly before halftime.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
It's truly a delight looking at all the memes Ole Miss fans were posting at halftime.

And this man looks exactly like my high school football coach.

Worst choke I've seen since the "Choke at the Doak".

All misguided bragging aside, this is classic Jimbo Fisher. He's a great coach, but he's too worried about how his gameplan is being implemented in the first half to focus on anything else. I can't remember a time we made it to the 2:00 minute mark of the first half with all of our timeouts.

Against Auburn in the National Championship game, it took him more than an entire half (and Kelvin Benjamin repeatedly screaming at him) to acknowledge that maybe, just maybe, it was a bad idea to be using the exact same playcall signals from last year, when last year's quarterback coach is now at Auburn (Dameyune Craig).

Great coach, incredible at maximizing player talent (he somehow coached up Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, and EJ Manuel to first round quarterback status), but he gets in his own head a little too much.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Great coach, incredible at maximizing player talent (he somehow coached up Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, and EJ Manuel to first round quarterback status), but he gets in his own head a little too much.

If I were a coach, I'd be full of myself also if I turned those 3 stiffs into first round draft picks.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a tremendous amount of respect for him, but Nick Saban gives me the creeps.

And it's just ridiculous that Texas is now freaking ranked #11 in one poll. This is just a set-up for me to be extremely disappointed. Again.

Last edited:

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
On Wisconsin!

Hook 'Em Horns.

Both of whom will now lose to decidedly inferior teams and plummet from the polls.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just found out the AJC (local paper) beat writer for GSU got reassigned and someone else is taking his spot. Which is bad cuz he went super in-depth with GSU reporting but also cuz the new guy won't be doing as much "Our readers online simply weren’t clicking on the stories with enough frequency."

Goddammit.

I don't know what it will take to generate interest in GSU. Maybe nothing can. We'll always be a two-team state.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sucks - watch out for new clickbait stories and less longform

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just found out the AJC (local paper) beat writer for GSU got reassigned and someone else is taking his spot. Which is bad cuz he went super in-depth with GSU reporting but also cuz the new guy won't be doing as much "Our readers online simply weren’t clicking on the stories with enough frequency."

Goddammit.

I don't know what it will take to generate interest in GSU. Maybe nothing can. We'll always be a two-team state.

I know this feel.

A couple years ago Bob Condotta, of the Seattle Times, was transfered from the UW Huskies beat writer (blogger) to cover the Seahawks. Bob was a pioneer in the industry and put out an insane amount of really great content - I'm talking multiple posts per day with exclusive insights and interviews - for years and years. The guy they got to replace him is a shadow and mostly just posts links and never offers anything of unique value. Bob does a good job with the Seahawks of course, but pro teams are not as interesting to follow, by nature.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could be worse. UCLA blocks the public (including reporters) from all in-season practices, and doesn't release a depth chart or injury news so all we see and hear is the games.

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Sucks - watch out for new clickbait stories and less longform

That's spreading to sports radio too. It's a mess. Cowherd, Bomani, LeBetard just do clickbait all day. No attempt at research, just coming up with a trolling idea and basing a show around it. Peyton Manning is underrated. Or the Pirates logo is misogynistic. Or Latin players feel excluded from the NFL. Or Arian Foster is better than Barry Sanders. Just stupid arguments and navel-gazing all day long.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Idiocracy.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely didn't expect Louisville to be up by 32 on FSU.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads