2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

A while still I hope. He's comedic gold. :crackup:

Yep. Tough night for you guys too. My commiserations. :confused:

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Alvaro Morata proving Madrid a fool for letting him go.

AS I SO PREDICTED 2 YEARS AGO.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

thought they already proved that last year when he scored against them ?

4. El Argentino

Its the gift that keeps on giving.

5. the shah

i don't know, i don't find him that entertaining anymore even. anyway, it's absurd how easily ivanovic is beaten on that left side now, his decline starting over the summer has been very very rapid. no pace at all left whatsoever, only outdone perhaps by terry ?

arsenal ... wenger , 'nuff said :uhoh:

6. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

Seriously. I like Wenger, and I like Ospina too. But we picked up Cech for a reason. Ospina sshould only be in FA and League Cup games. Cech in the CL.

Though for the record, I haven't seen any evidence he dropped that ball inside the goal. I don't think it was in at all.

7. El Argentino

Results like this in the Arsenal versus Manchester United game really bother me. Arsenal supporters will claim that everything with their team is fixed, only to be severely let down when arsenals thrashed by Bayern Munich in the coming weeks. It's the same cycle that repeats itself every single freaking year. And Wenger will still keep his job.

8. the shah

of course, that's what is maddening about being a gunner. mediocrity of the status quo is completely acceptable to most who cite 15 trophies in 19 years for Wenger but don't account for the 1 in past 10 which is a horrible record. But so long as he gets that 4th CL spot or better and the cash keeps flowing in the board has no financial incentive to get rid of him. Only if England lose the 4th CL spot and top 3 becomes that much more competitive will his position be an issue. Indeed, Mourinho being the troll he is pointed out Wenger's job security (although he had his particular motivation to make such a statement).

Anyway, the Chelsea back four are competing against one another to see who can be the worst defender. Ivanovic keeps getting beaten time and time again, but Terry comes back into the starting team seemingly worse until Cahill was given the chance to screw up. And the whole Matic thing was a hilarious mismanagement of public shaming. Where's @DLester

9. El Argentino

Keylor Navas for President! Holy sh*t what a pk save

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015

10. El Argentino

Rodgers sacked on Merseyside.

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Wtf happened in in Arsenal vs Man U ( sleeping on the west coast)

12. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

How about 4 in the last 2 then? Sounds better when the numbers are correct. And I'll be happy if we don't make it out of the CL. More rest for the players so we can have a go at the league.

13. the shah

Fair enough, but FA cups were the only real ones, the rest are jokes nobody cares about capital one crap (except maybe stat-padders). And even the FA was by huge stroke of luck drawing no real opposition but I'll take that. Of course we're gonna get dumped out of the CL, that's not what I'm talking about but rather qualification which secures the so badly desired cash prize the board members crave. It's not like it gets reinvested properly into the team anyway.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

14. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

That's why I don't care if we get dumped out. They've got spare cash and they're not even spending it. The rest will do our players more good than having more unspent cash in the bank.

Loved watching Cech, Özil and Sanchez working their magic yesterday! COYG!

15. the shah

but that's just repeating the last 10 years , over and over. it's as if wenger has subdued most fans into a submissive acceptance of mediocrity and no motivation to achieve more than a CL spot. we're arsenal, not tottenham. there are plenty of managers achieving more with less resources. at least the competition is weakening around us but we won't win much if carry on like this.

it shouldn't be ignored the form Walcott has enjoyed the past few weeks. He's at this point potentially (i hate that word because of how much wenger's abused it) better than giroud and really coming nicely into the central role. he's improved his touch a bit which has really helped. [Thierry once said 5-6 years ago, it doesn't matter how fast you are if you can't control the ball, and i think it's finally resonating with Theo].