2014 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rakuaixian

rakuaixian New Member

yes,Probably anticipating that he'll get lots of practice punting.thank you
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Well, they're still a top 15 team at worst (IMO) so they wouldn't fall too far, but yeah, overall I agree with you. its just that if they were to play LSU or Clemson right now, I wouldn't have faith in them keeping it as close as they did. (My own rankings are like who would you tip to win in a three-game, neutral-site series if that makes sense)

3. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Clemson v. FSU is No. 3 v. No. 6.

Two coaches who regularly, yet inexplicably, shit the bed in big (and not so big) games - Dabo v. Jimbo.

Can't wait. Best game since Alabama v. aTm.

4. edinatlanta

Bitch, Imma be there.

5. edinatlanta

Also, you look at the strengths of these two teams and it is totally their offense. However, FSU has a good defense (contrary to the expert opinion of Trailer) and I think that shuts the Tigers down. FSU then goes undefeated, with games vs. Miami and @UF being the remaining hurdles (depending what happens they may get Miami twice).

#YeahSon

6. FLMountainMan

BTW - Ed, if you're at the game, you'll get to see how absolutely massive Kelvin Benjamin is. He's the size of a tight end. A few plays after that, you'll notice that he blocks less than Jameis fucking Winston. It's infuriating; it's pretty much the only thing I've focused on this season.

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I really couldn't tell if they got the 1st down on that QB sneak. Some video from different angles was shown after the game and it looked like a 1st, but it was not clear during the game.

8. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

We may have agree to disagree on this one; I thought he had it by at least half a yard, but Northwestern still may not have scored a TD on that drive anyways. It was a very entertaining game, though. I wouldn't be surprised if OSU goes undefeated given the rest of your schedule (unless Michigan actually turns into a competent football team at some point).

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Yeah Michigan is the only "challenge" remaining. There could be one or two surprises a la Northwestern (did not expect them to play that well) but I still say we go undefeated.

10. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

ok...my post on Georgia was a friendly jab that you seemed to take too seriously. I already stated I was a Gator fan so you should understand where it was coming from. I mean a few posts up someone else called them wimps. I would have taken it in jest if someone were to say the same about my team.

Again. I simply stated my opinion and Edinatlanta came out in attack mode and I am the one that is supposed to turn it down a notch? ok.

Anyways Colt Lyerla is leaving the Ducks. I wonder how this is going to affect his draft stock.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  11. FLMountainMan

Between he and Clowney, I worry that they will start a trend.

12. Tirailleur1

Wasn't his departure due to personal reason? It doesn't seem like Oregon wanted him around anyway.

As for Clowney. I don't even know what to think about his situation.

13. FLMountainMan

Yeah, but the fact that he can sit out a season and still have a realistic shot for the draft.... If I were a talented running back, I'd probably do the same thing once I established myself as a legitimate prospect. No reason to get Marcus Lattimored.

14. edinatlanta

Because it was horrifically stupid. You are, literally, the only person I have read who has said FSU did not have a good defensive showing.

This season, their anemic defense has allowed the third fewest PPG, they are 15th in passing YPG and 19th in rushing YPG, 10th in YPL and seventh in total yards. So please, recognize your idiocy and keep serving me up low-hanging fruit.

15. Tirailleur1

I am not going to back and forth with you. You can keep acting like an ass. I have tried to civil about this but you obviously want to keep diving in the idiot pool. You can do so yourself, I am done with this argument. You can calm the fuck down now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.