• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014 College Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh, Tennessee. :facepalm:

I'll take it any way we can get it, but, yeah, it was hard to watch for that kid.

They also made that fumble the "[insert sponsor here] Play of the Game." I thought that was pretty ******. I know it was the turning point, but I'm not sure I'm convinced we need to go out of our way to make sure it's replayed more than it already will be. We're talking about a college kid who did exactly what he was supposed to do and, by an RCH, it went wrong for him. If we really need to have the "play of the game" involve overtime, make it on the winning FG and emphasize the positive, rather than the negative.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some good games this evening.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Again I never said they wouldnhave won. I was just piinting out that thwir defense isn't good. Jameis vould carry this team on his back in spite of them

So if Maryland had their starting quarterback for four quarters instead of one and half, they would've actually scored? Again, did you watch the game? Maryland pulled out all the stops. They were running a hurry-up offense down 56 points.

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the Big 10 will be happy with an undefeated Ohio State and Northwestern won't have to play against the refs again going forward (especially at home...). What a joke of an officiating job.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would just like to publicly point out that due to my hard-nosed, almost-weekly participation, I am now in the first-place spot in the SF pick'em.

Edit: I also correctly picked all games this week, including both upsets.

Last edited:

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is just from another forum, but if it's true, it's incredibly frustrating.

Keith Marshall - ACL, out for the season
Justin Scott-Wesley - ACL, out for the season
Michael Bennett - Torn meniscus, out 2-3 weeks
Collin Barber - Concussion, questionable for Missouri

Mark Richt said there's a 50-50 chance of Gurley playing against Missouri, but his rehab is right on schedule.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The thing about it is that it only matters to either team (and their fans) about one week a year. It's fierce and fun, but there are just so many rivalries for both teams that UGA-UT gets overshadowed.

Yup. I just think there should be more attention paid to it at large.

Some good games this evening.

Good thing Texas wasn't playing (would have ruined the evening.)

Hey trailer, just fyi, you've been called out by:

Me: SF's biggest idiot and thus able to spot my own kind
FLHick: SF's best idiot hunter, and
MrG: who is, all bullshit aside, one of SF's most level-headed and clear-thinking posters.

Ergo, you really need to just stop what you're doing.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IMO, its tough to consider UGA a top 10 team with all the injuries they're sustaining.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Banner-Herald posted an article just a little while ago that confirms the ACL injury for Marshal and Scott-Wesley. Bennett's injury hasn't been confirmed yet (still has to have his knee scoped), but he's out for Saturday. Barber is a concussion, and they don't know if he'll play Saturday.

I hate it for all of them, and it's really sad to think that, after getting through a September like they had schedule-wise, it could all be derailed by injuries. Hopefully, there's enough depth to compensate. We're still deep at WR, though it's getting thinner fast, and, as long as Gurley comes back soon-ish, I like our backfield. Losing Marshall hurts, but Gurley, Green, and Douglas is really not anything to scoff at. Green and Douglas have been excellent.

Yup. I just think there should be more attention paid to it at large.
Good thing Texas wasn't playing (would have ruined the evening.)

Hey trailer, just fyi, you've been called out by:

Me: SF's biggest idiot and thus able to spot my own kind
FLHick: SF's best idiot hunter, and
MrG: who is, all bullshit aside, one of SF's most level-headed and clear-thinking posters.

Ergo, you really need to just stop what you're doing.

I agree, on UT. It'd be nice if it got a little more attention, especially since it would make the pollsters a little more forgiving when games like last night happen.

Shucks, Ed. I know how hard it is for you to say nice things about me.

Seriously, though, Trailer needs to take it down a notch.

IMO, its tough to consider UGA a top 10 team with all the injuries they're sustaining.

I disagree. I think it's unfair to speculate on what the injuries might mean until we see it in a game. I'm definitely concerned (Missouri looks a lot more potentially problematic than it did a week ago), but Georgia's deep, and it still has Aaron Murray, who has been phenomenal. Also, keep in mind that, despite the big story being the players they've lost to injuries, there are some guys who could be coming back this week who could help fill in the most gaping hole on the team (the secondary).

I say Georgia is a bit of an enigma until we have a feel for who is going to be on the field next weekend, so you just let it ride for the time being.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics