2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, Voetball, Fútbol, Futebo

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, Jun 1, 2014.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Looking like Ox is out, so now no right winger? Ox out, Walcott out, Townsend out. Milner just got into the XI.

2. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

3. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

4. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Senior member

and they keep falling..so Ribery is confirmed out and CR7s injury seems to be a bit worse meaning he is iffy for the Germany game.

5. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Senior member

Van Persie pulled out of the Netherlands' friendly with Wales at half-time, apparently with a niggle. There's been no confirmation yet of his status.

If I were Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo (I cringe every time someone calls him "CR7"), I'd be watching my step right now.

6. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Apparently Reus just got injured, too.

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

A sweep of the group would be amazing but the US will be lucky to get 2 points. I will joyfully eat my words if they advance.

8. DLester

DLester Senior member

Any interest in transfer talk?

- Who should United pick up? Who can they pick up with no CL?

- How about Cesc to Chelsea (my team, I have to talk about them)? I am not sure he fits. The strategy of sell Mata, acquire Cesc seems kind of questionable.

- Will anyone be left at Atletico Madrid when the summer is over?

- Will Arsene get anybody useful? Will he pick up his option on Cesc at the last minute?

- Who will Spurs be selling? Has to be someone.

- Why did Modric cut his hair?

etc

9. El Argentino

He said he'd cut it if Madrid won the CL.

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

All these injuries leading up to a messi affair at the world cup :smarmy:

would be so fantastic if he picked it up in this rather off season he's had -- justifying suspicious barca claims that he's saving himself. also securing status above ronalda and his pathetic CL final (Bale is better than him lol his jersey will be hung at the bernabeu eternalizing ronald as # 2 at madrid , can his ego take this ? transfer out soon ...)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  11. El Argentino

Van Gaal apparently wants Arturo Vidal from Juve.... just like every other major club in Europe.

Don't understand Cesc, who's dream transfer from Arsenal to Barça lasted almost two years, suddenly being frustrated about being home. Xavi is not the force he was 4 years ago, and demonstrated this season that he can't cut all that required playing time. I know Cesc is in his prime now at 26+, but unless he wants to be playing 90 minutes every week, no reason to leave.

Could see Cesc replacing Frank Lampard at Chelsea, but Mourinho has such a rotating door it's ridiculous. De Bryune, Lukaku, Marín, E'to, Mata, all these guys are looking at 2 year stints w/ the Blues before getting shipped back out. And David Luiz is apparently gone to PSG already too.

Mascherano is apparently Liverpool bound too - with Barça wanting to clean house and pick up devoted centerbacks. Mangala or Hummels would be a huge asset to Barça right now. The Cules also appear to be targeting Sergio Agüero, which would make a fearsome frontline trio - Messi, Agüero, Neymar. Yikes.

Tottenham are just :facepalm:. All that Bale money completely blown. I think Lamela is underutilized and will still blossom into a decent European-level player, but that whole squad was a train wreck.

I was intensely saddened by Arsenal's late push into the top four. I thought Everton deserved the spot more, and the late wins will glaze over the rage Arsenal has felt for years now (mickey mouse trophy or not). Arsene needs to leave for the team to do anything but remain stagnant.

Of all places, I don't hear much out of Madrid about lineup changes; I guess last summer's plan of the youth buys is supposedly set to tide them over (Isco, Illara, Casemiro, Varane from earlier). I hope Varane doesn't head to Chelsea, although I can see him w/ allegiances to Mou for having put so much faith in him. But you just won a freaking CL title, man.

Oh, and aside from all the Luis Suarez drama that will no doubt carry on through the summer. I do hope Madrid retain Di María and that he hasn't been sufficiently ostracized by the Bernabéu-goers. Madrid's sparkplug. I would be more than happy to see Benzema finally depart though. He's Pérez's pet-toy, and can't understand why he's still there when Higuaín was forced out. I would like to see Suarez make the jump, if only to force Benzema away from Madrid.

I think Atlético will hang onto Koke (he's the only one really in question anymore w/ Costa having signed for Chelsea and Villa set for NYFC)

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea take that waste of space I'll gladly give him a ride if it expedites things. He's an extra at this point and there are plenty better. And 30M is highway robbery that's more than they paid for him to begin with...

Too bad about Mascerano, as looney as he is he was leaps and bounds ahead of that gypsy pique who always out of position shaking his hips like shakira where he shouldnt be. Forced masc Into playing both CB positions and vying for aerial balls...bartra is already better than pique so that's a plus.

13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Sorry for not having read the thread, but do we have an SF WC pool, like the SF MC FIFA WC FB 2010 SA POOLTM :)?

14. macksetyou

macksetyou New Member

good,yes, anything less than a clean sweep of the group (even w/ Dzeko on fire for Bosnia) would be a bit of a letdown.thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member