• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, Voetball, Fútbol, Futebo

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Awesome game , Ochoa is solid !
Group blown wide open now and if Croatia get a good win vs Cameroon it comes down to the wire

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fantastic saves from both goalkeepers

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tipped draw.

Thoughts regarding Russia - South Korea? I've tipped Russia. They're better, are they not?

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Disaster averted for Brazil. Had they conceded this could have been wild on the last day. Group still open but Brazil are safe one would think against a very weak Cameroon.

That said, I am not watching a potential world champion here. Two games and nothing impressive. And Brazil is not a country that starts slow and builds, usually come out of the gate fast and either win it or run into a wall somewhere.

The pressure must be building.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus christ, what a butter hands.
facepalm.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Korean sniper nest

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
On the other hand, the Korean defenders look pretty lame concentrating on waiving their hands for an offside call instead of on the ball caroming around in front of their prone goalie.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Unbelievable! It's in my hands... Gosh! Now it's in the net.

Having been nutmegged by more than one groundball in my baseball days, I had to wince empathetically. Hard to imagine what a sick feeling the goalie must be experiencing in the next moment.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite being a Korean dude, part of me is relieved that the match ended in a tie. For the physical well-being of that Russian goalie.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are two kinds of 0-0 draws....the Brazil-Mexico one which was phenomenal, and the Nigeria-Iran one, which is what Americans who HATE soccer, think the game is all about. Hopefully we won't see much more of those. What a great opening round of matches so far. I think Spain will bounce back today.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
attending that game...the Chileans are out here in full force. not as many Spanish, though! and they're all justifiably nervous

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads