• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, Voetball, Fútbol, Futebo

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Very surprised at the lack of reaction out in social media and media in general to Rossi being left off the Italy final 23........

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very surprised at the lack of reaction out in social media and media in general to Rossi being left off the Italy final 23........

Rossi's star has passed. He has spent more of his career injured than playing.

Vindictive people would comment he's getting what he deserves for ditching out on the USMNT for Italy, but...

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to see Klose made the final 23 for Germany. Even if he doesn't play much and he's used a sub, he's a great player and veteran leader who's done a lot for German soccer over the years.

Stugotes

Reaction score
I'm thrilled to see Klose made the final 23 for Germany. Even if he doesn't play much and he's used a sub, he's a great player and veteran leader who's done a lot for German soccer over the years.

Klose is one of the greatest players and also the only striker nominated for the team, so I expect him to play a lot!

Last edited:

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
He is getting a lot of hate from Americans on this no question.

This year was just bad luck timing, he was playing quite well early in the year so I would not say his star had passed - but that knee went out again. He could well feature in the 2016 Euro Qualifying.

Extreme levels of fitness not just good fitness seems to be a Prandelli requirement and he was not there yet.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
At least Prandelli resisted telling media "It's not like I left Paolo Rossi off the team"...

Thanks for that Cleav. That was the first World Cup that had full TV coverage here in Canada. I remember rushing home from school to catch the tape delayed games that started around 3:30 during the Group Stage.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

At least Prandelli resisted telling media "It's not like I left Paolo Rossi off the team"...

Thanks for that Cleav. That was the first World Cup that had full TV coverage here in Canada. I remember rushing home from school to catch the tape delayed games that started around 3:30 during the Group Stage.

That was a fine game wasn't it?

Particularly if you recall PR had only just come back from a two year match fixing ban. struggled in the opening games, pilloried by the Italian media and then does that :slayer:

I'm going to do a series of clips i think...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the commentary on espn is atrocious, I HATE it.

they should jump off a cliff and stick to broadcasting basketball and football

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
England have found a worse right back than Glen Johnson :embar:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was actually rather excited they'd plugged Milner in back there. Not working out well?

GJ shouldn't be an international player. Only in England... :facepalm:

Milner is a decent midfielder even winger, but his versatility didn't stretch to right back. To be fair Johnson is decent as an attacker it's just he forgets the role of a defender is to defend...

We seem to have ended up with a surfeit of options in midfield, an okay selection of attackers and bar left back, the most limited choice of defenders imaginable...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads